Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sets up a Singles "rematch" of the Indian Wells' Doubles Final with Fognini. :yeah:

Good performance by Sock. Nice to see a convincing victory over a guy like this.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Seems like a very solid scoreline, shame I missed the match.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Good win for Sock, facing Fognini next should mean a good chance of R3 here too.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Sock played pretty well, came back from a break in the first set and it was never close after that. Early in the first Sock ripped off a few hilarious forehand winners and Soeda was rattled after that, double faulting long into Sock's backhand corner a few times and hitting long in several rallies.

Sock played consistent and came to net an awful lot and looked awfully good doing so.

Onto the Fog man who, I think will give him a bit more of a challenge.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
sock can play decent tennis in the us, so a bit nid tbh

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Soeda is living proof that the ranking system is flawed. Awful player.

Sock was content to play in energy conservation mode and who can blame him?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Nice routine win for Sock. He has a good chance to beat Fognini next and make another masters R3.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,594 Posts
Sock played consistent and came to net an awful lot and looked awfully good doing so.
I had to read this twice to see that he wasn't playing awful at all :D. Good win for him!

I think people have been hard on Sock over the past but I'd say give him some space to develop and make his own waves. He's starting to develop the right mentality on court and is usually focused, even against tough opponents.
While his BH not great (typical of many Americans) and could do with some work, and his return is so-so, he's got a very unique FH and solid in many other areas - net game as you say, vital contribution from doubles. I'm sure he'll continue to improve. Happy to be a Sock supporter. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts