Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Rafa in 3

Votes: 14 19.4%
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be an insane night match but I am going for the upset because Jo-Willie is playing better than Rafa and Kei pushed him hard and he doesnt have the weapons that Jo has. Allez! Discuss.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Ironically, Rafa saved Jo's prospects. Jo has won the last two matches against Rafa, but lost the last two against Kei, so I'm hopeful Jo can make a 3 set upset.

Reactions: Chirag

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Tsonga :stupid:

Nadal in 2. Just watch.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
negative general bro. it aint happening.
The last time you said something like this, Mayer creamed Isner :angel:

Plus, I still think Tsonga is awful at the moment....WAY worse than Rafa's form. And given other conditions such as surface factors and weather, logically it's Rafa in 2.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Nadal should win this - he lost to Tsonga on indoor which isn't that strange and Queens where he always seems to tank around the QF stage anyway. Schooled him on Davis Cup clay and other than those losses last lost at AO 08. I'd have been more worried if Tsonga had been in the kind of form he'd been at the end of last year. On slow hard court though, even with knee pain, Nadal should know what to do. Jo isn't quite at his best right now...

Tsonga has the belief and mentality to win of course but hopefully the crowd and atmosphere will pull Rafa through.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
So many things to talk about in this match.
1st. Tsonga is playing better than Nadal this Miami, but we all know Tsonga can transform into Clownga at any moment. We never know what's gonna happen tomorrow.
2nd. Tsonga won the last 2 meetings. If he plays the way he knows, he could win this.
3. Nadal is Nadal. You can NEVER count Nadal out of everything, he could play bad, but if he plays at his best level, "Best-Stronga" has no chances.

So, saying that, I have a feeling Jo is gonna take this again, in 3. But that's my guess, i'm not sure about it.
When the match starts we should know better, maybe Nadal finds his super-saiyan form and win this match in 2 easy sets.

·
Banned
2,139 Posts
Rafa has DEFEATED Tsonga in their last 4 outdoor hardcourt meetings.

The last meeting was indoor world tour finals 2011 where Tsonga won in a tight 3-setter, where Rafa won the 1st set. Rafa had one eye on the Davis Cup final it should be said, and if he had won that match he would have advanced to the world tour finals SEMIS. The match before that was at Queens where Rafa again won the 1st set but folded like a cheap suit in the 3rd set, and then reportedly telephoned the Queens tournament director and apologized for his lack of effort (a post-RG/pre-Wimbledon tank perhaps? He's had a dubious loss before there).

This is exactly the match Rafa needed, because there won't be too many 25+ shot rallies, and you know there will be plenty vs Murray.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Haven't caught Tsonga's form here....but he has been crap all year. Maybe he can get inspired and bring it on the night...but the smart money is on...how do you say it round here...."piggy"? ;)

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
After seeing Rafa play, I'd have to go for Jo in 2 :eek:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts