Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incredible choke in that second set by RBA

Should have known better than to hope he won yesterday, now he's just going to enable the travesty of Isner continuing to be a top player.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: IW QF: Isner def. RBA 7-6(1) 7-6(5)

Coming back from 0-3* to 7-5 in the breaker, well done Izzy. Hope he is tired enough now though, as FAA hopefully awaits.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Re: IW QF: (7) Isner def. (22) Bautista Agut 7-6(1) 7-6(5)

Very good match from Isner, incredible serving, very few mistakes from the baseline. He can tiebreak his way to the title for sure.

·
Registered
947 Posts

Expected Isner to drop out early here given his form in recent months but good run on his title defence here.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts

Isner went all out on these two points on return when trailing *3-0 but RBA really played them without any intention to win the point. Deserved win for Long John.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

7th tiebreak won here in Miami out of 8 sets he played (the only other one ended 7-5) :worship:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts

Isner has either FAA or Coric...both winnable for him...would be impressive to make the final again as the defending champion and if he's gets Finalerer, he might successfully defend his title.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
4,562 Posts

That's basically every second overrule Lahyani makes these days, he's become terrible recently. His performance during Chardy-Zverev at the AO was the worst display of umpiring I've ever seen (including the Mourier gem ofc, that was pretty much only one big mistake).

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

One of the Djokovic-Nadal RG matches had multiple bad overrules in Nadal's favor, including 2 on BP IIRC. Who was that? Ramos?

·
Registered
9,166 Posts

One of the all time worst, but you may also check Cedric Mourier's overrule in Goffin - Nadal match on clay.
Cedric's was way worse, it basically changed the course of the match.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts

Lahyani again... I vaguely recall a similar type of blatant blunder from him from last season. Someone here back then was saying that was "typical Lahyani". On one hand I like his approach to not escalate situations off the bat, but on the other hand bad calls of this magnitude shouldn't really happen. Time for a visit at an optometrist. Nice one from John here.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts

·
Registered
3,452 Posts

the only thing more annoying than Lahyani and his horrible overturns are his tards who genuinely think this clown is the best umpire on the tour solely because of the "entertaining" way he is making his calls

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

Isner has either FAA or Coric...both winnable for him...would be impressive to make the final again as the defending champion and if he's gets Finalerer, he might successfully defend his title.
I think Felix would give him a better match.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts

I hate this horror film The Court of USner, I really do.

Why does the black guy, the drag queen or RBA have to die first all the time?!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts