Discussion Starter #1
:rocker2:

Good revenge from Washington last year. :cool:

Reactions: WF4EVER

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Gee thanks John..

After the first 2 sets, I was wondering why the hell his serving stats looked like a normal players and not a guy who is 6'9 with a rocket serve.

The BP conversation rate wasnt that good.

Monfils wins a match in how long?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gee thanks John..

After the first 2 sets, I was wondering why the hell his serving stats looked like a normal players and not a guy who is 6'9 with a rocket serve.

The BP conversation rate wasnt that good.

Monfils wins a match in how long?
It's been since August I think...:eek:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good victory for Gael Come on! for the great return :D

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I didn't watch the match so I'm not sure how they played, but I didn't expect this result. Well done Gael.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Didn't see that one coming. Match against Fed may become interesting, as Monfils tries to run and retrieve everything, and similar tactics gave Canas victory here last year (although Willy plays more aggressively, that needs to be said)

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Good luck Gael! :yeah:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
There's just something about Monfils that i like, and i can't pinpoint it. but i've been waiting for Monfils to do well in the majors for qutie some time, too bad he's playing fed next....

·
Registered
3,158 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
geez Isner, was waiting for a federer showdown here.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
But he has been injured a lot since that no?

Too lazy to check. :)
Yep, he has actually barely played since the last match against Isner in the Washington semi-final.
He got injured in New Heaven the week after Washington (harmstring), had to skip the USO, made a very short comeback in Bucarest (where he reached the semi-final after going through the qualies) and got injured again (left wrist). He missed the rest of 2007 because of the wrist injury.
Then when he was supposed to come back at the beginning of 2008, he got knee tendinitis and was out again until Dubai.

So it's a nice result for him given the circumstances, but I don't get the "I didn't see that one coming" posts. It's really not that big a surprise he beats guys like Isner, he's a better player, all in all, he especially moves much better...

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
:hug: John.

I was hoping he could get through that one. I thought it was a match that could go either way though. Never thought it was a "gimme" for Isner.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts