Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought long and hard about todays thread name...

Hopefully we'll see some order restored today. Got the two bets, both of which I see as quite safe.

Youzhny @ $1.55
Acasuso @ $1.66

Good Luck All

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
difficult matches today...NO BET actually in Ancic-Juanin/Chucho-Dudi
quite convinced by Misha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a chance in hell Henin will lose to Vesnina, I just reviewed the stats matchup from the first two/three rounds and I am thinking of putting an big wager to win 6,7% on the day?

I know this isnt wise, but I really feel she cant lose this one.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Rafael Nadal to win Miami @ 5.50 (VC) 5/10

Finally Nadal shows some form. He needed three months to gain that and now I can say that He is playing at his best. First set against Kiefer was awesome display from Rafa especially on service games. Fact that He lost only four points on his own serve should be respected - He served very strongly and hit some very nice groundstrokes with some power and pace. Main positive thing is that He finally can concentrate on opponent service games after holding easy his own, saves a lot necessary energy. And after this performance I'm sure that He is for title here. This slow surface with high bounce is perfect for Nadal. He also get first MS final here 3 years ago when almost beat Federer. Draw looks quite good for him - He has mental edge over Mathieu. Blake should be hardest task here, but firstly He must pass Stepanek test. And still Rafa should be too good and constant against Blake. The same thing with Berdych in possible semi. But I could also cover with these two, if I feel dangerous about my bet. So final with Federer would be most logical here. Nowadays classic rivalry. Federer lost his mental edge over ATP lately, blaming his early virus. Nadal at his best definitely can win Federer and and Miami is best hardcourt place for that. So all in all I see great value on these odds. (Possible some cover bets later in stage)

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
how is highest odd fo Berdych outright? tnx

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Tough day,leans only!!Fed X 1.70 to win Miami WOW,man on a MISSION!!

Youzhny 1.50/Ancic 1.54 double seems to be ok,maybe a treble with Tsonga!!
Tipsrevic 1.79 over Tojo- although Tojo is serving big atm,danger game for Janko!
Mad Vera 2-1 @ 4.50 over Sugiyami,A.I could pose an upset if Vera isnt on!
Jankovic 2-1 @ 5.00 over Zheng!!

Good luck!!

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
10/10 on Over 20.5 games in the Soderling v Federer match..bank it :D (odd: 1.85)

I have written a pretty big analysis in Dutch about this one but I won't translate the entire thing..

In short my arguments:
H2H looks excellent with several very tight affairs. Surface is very fast, which is in favour of Soderling and the confidence and form is also on the Swede's side. This match has tiebreak written all over it and could even go to 3 sets. Over 20.5 is a very low line, where 7-5 6-3 would even be sufficient.

Head-to-Head matches
42/2006 ATP Madrid (ESP) I_Hard Roger Federer Robin Soderling 7-6(5) 7-6(8) Third
23/2005 ATP Halle (GER) Grass Roger Federer Robin Soderling 6-7(5) 7-6(6) 6-4 First
39/2004 ATP Bangkok (THA) I_Hard Roger Federer Robin Soderling 7-6(3) 6-4 1/4
30/2004 ATP Toronto (CAN) Hard Roger Federer Robin Soderling 7-5 6-1 Second

·
Banned
5,404 Posts
10/10 on Over 20.5 games in the Soderling v Federer match..bank it :D (odd: 1.85)

I have written a pretty big analysis in Dutch about this one but I won't translate the entire thing..

In short my arguments:
H2H looks excellent with several very tight affairs. Surface is very fast, which is in favour of Soderling and the confidence and form is also on the Swede's side. This match has tiebreak written all over it and could even go to 3 sets. Over 20.5 is a very low line, where 7-5 6-3 would even be sufficient.

Head-to-Head matches
42/2006 ATP Madrid (ESP) I_Hard Roger Federer Robin Soderling 7-6(5) 7-6(8) Third
23/2005 ATP Halle (GER) Grass Roger Federer Robin Soderling 6-7(5) 7-6(6) 6-4 First
39/2004 ATP Bangkok (THA) I_Hard Roger Federer Robin Soderling 7-6(3) 6-4 1/4
30/2004 ATP Toronto (CAN) Hard Roger Federer Robin Soderling 7-5 6-1 Second
I will play your game and go with the OVER for 6 units, Soda will give him a game. I like this bet.

·
Registered
12,130 Posts
i woludnt say that surface is VERY fast..and I saw somwhere that the balls are heavy so not the perfect conditions for soderling...
and the wind can be a tricky thing...

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Is anyone worried tojo might re-kindle his form and roll back the years?

Im very suprised to see tipseravic at such goods odds, somethings wrong i feel.

injury fears for janko?

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
We are getting to the business end of the tournament now, i cant see not many more shocks on the cards, im sure the better players on paper will perform, although i have spotted 1 or two possible upsets.

Miami

Peer+4.5 over Kuzzie @ 5/6
Lisiki +4.5 over Demented
Davenport over safina 1/2
Venus over Wozniaki 1/4
Zvonereva-3.5 over Sugi @ 5/6
Benny +4.5 over Tsonga 5/6
Misha over Mugro 4/7
Ancic over Pico 4/7
Tipsy over Tojo 5/6
Acasuso over Sela 4/6

bol

·
Registered
809 Posts
Is anyone worried tojo might re-kindle his form and roll back the years?

Im very suprised to see tipseravic at such goods odds, somethings wrong i feel.

injury fears for janko?
Odds on Tipsarevic surprised me as well. Bookies overrating his win against a poor Ferrer?

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Odds on Tipsarevic surprised me as well. Bookies overrating his win against a poor Ferrer?
I think its that coupled with the h2h and tipsy losing to mugs like massu recently.

Lets hope his win over Nando has given him some confidence

1 - 20 of 39 Posts