Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Last year was 3/5, I don't know whats going on this year. I hope its the same.

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Wta

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Best of Three. Thanks to Mr. Disney for killing the best of five-finals in master's tournament - NOT. :mad:

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
expected question

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I think all Masters tournaments finals should revert back to the best of five sets, just like the grand slams.

It validates winning the tournament and provides more entertainment for the tennis fans, and anyway its not a lot more to ask of tennis players......just a case of potentially playing two more sets if that.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have the final set up to record (over night at 3am Australian time) and the programming has given the final 3 hours instead of the usual 2 hours for a match to last so perhaps the Miami final will remain best of 5 much like it was last year.

I think its good that all of the other masters series are now best of 3 finals so that top players will play in all of the back to back masters events like Rome/Hamburg, Cincinnati/Canada and Madrid/Paris.

It isn't fair to the Hamburg, Canada and Paris masters that the very best players will either withdraw or not play well because they had just competed in the a best of 5 final in a previous masters series event.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have the final set up to record (over night at 3am Australian time) and the programming has given the final 3 hours instead of the usual 2 hours for a match to last so perhaps the Miami final will remain best of 5 much like it was last year.

I think its good that all of the other masters series are now best of 3 finals so that top players will play in all of the back to back masters events like Rome/Hamburg, Cincinnati/Canada and Madrid/Paris.

It isn't fair to the Hamburg, Canada and Paris masters that the very best players will either withdraw or not play well because they had just competed in the a best of 5 final in a previous masters series event.
or maybe the extra time is for a big intro and winner ceremony

best of 5 is way more exiting for a final annoying that they got rid of it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts