Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Kei will be a great player, so it isn't really a bad result. Hardcourt too I guess?

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No man, green clay... that's why it's such a disappointing result...

and I know Kei will be a good player in the future, but 0 and 3 is really poor, on clay, for a RG champion

·
Banned
105 Posts
Oh green clay, well still a faster service than what Gaudio was good on, but indeed a little surprising. There are so many clay challengers, what is that all about?

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
What the hell?

I watched him at the French Open, first two sets against Hewitt was AMAZING.

What the hell is going on in his head...

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
Come on :rolleyes: give the guy a break, will you.
It's his first match after a serious ankle injury and he still isn't 100% fit. He has to get match practice now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Guys...such a sad result, but Gato wasn't really fit, so, we can't call this a mayor upset...

An article says Gaudio barely could move due to his foot injury...hope he gets well before Buenos Aires...I can't find it right now, but that's maybe the reason of the score (altough I hardly think Gastón could win anyway..)...

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Come on :rolleyes: give the guy a break, will you.
It's his first match after a serious ankle injury and he still isn't 100% fit. He has to get match practice now.
:rolleyes:

And watch him get bagelled in his following matches too and make that excuse.

If he is not 100% fit he shouldn't be playing.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys...such a sad result, but Gato wasn't really fit, so, we can't call this a mayor upset...

An article says Gaudio barely could move due to his foot injury...hope he gets well before Buenos Aires...I can't find it right now, but that's maybe the reason of the score (altough I hardly think Gastón could win anyway..)...
well, a little bit better to know he wasn't totally fit... but it's still a sad result for me

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Sorry to hear Gaudio is still not 100% but a good win for Kei! :D

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
well, a little bit better to know he wasn't totally fit... but it's still a sad result for me
It´s confirmed: Gastón is still injured and won´t play in another tournament until he´s recovered!:sad: It sounds like he was too hasty, over-anxious to get back on the courts. Now the main thing is for him to take care of that ankle and make a full recovery!

Searching with Yahoo I came accross this headline from Olé, but later I couldn´t open it in Olé...:

TRANSLATION:

WEDNESDAY
Olé - 16 JAN 02:02 AM Gastón Gaudio is still suffering from an injury in his left ankle. "He couldn´t move, it´s impossible to play in that condition. We will return home and we will wait until he´s recovered before playing in another tournament", said his coach, Franco Davin, after Gaudio lost 6-0 6-3 to the Japanese Kei Nishikori in Miami.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Has anyone seen Kei play on clay?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts