Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Your visions will happen
59,904 Posts
The GOAT with another victory in Mexico. Also that Sampras-like smash on match point! View attachment 389499
Highlights

Nadal playing more serve and volley than Federer at 2007 Kooyong

Nice of Nadal to let Ruud win one match in the 5 match series

· Registered
245 Posts
It's actually the other way around, Ruud just kept feeding Rafa balls at the net. I guess That was in the contract, to play Rafa good at the net. It just looked like the warm up. Disapointing matches.

· Registered
7,686 Posts
Ruud seems to be the only player Nadal can beat nowadays!

· Registered
1,487 Posts
This Nadal-Ruud exho phenomenon kinda cracks me up. It's just such a weird match-up to build an exho-series around, let alone the fact that Rafa bypassed Davis Cup held in his own country for one of those. Not like DC is much more than a glorified exho itself in its new format (plus he won it with Spain several times already), and I totally understand the money component to it all, but that just brings me back to... gosh, what a weird pairing. The fact that this thing is happening just caught me completely off guard, and I'm not even sure it's really happening, coz I didn't care enough to click on any of these highlights yet (nor do I intend to).... But I did care enough to write this lengthy post so yeah.. they got me.

· Registered
4,404 Posts
This Nadal-Ruud exho phenomenon kinda cracks me up. It's just such a weird match-up to build an exho-series around, let alone the fact that Rafa bypassed Davis Cup held in his own country for one of those. Not like DC is much more than a glorified exho itself in its new format (plus he won it with Spain several times already), and I totally understand the money component to it all, but that just brings me back to... gosh, what a weird pairing. The fact that this thing is happening just caught me completely off guard, and I'm not even sure it's really happening, coz I didn't care enough to click on any of these highlights yet (nor do I intend to).... But I did care enough to write this lengthy post so yeah.. they got me.
Usually when big exhos are organised you got two headline players;the crowd comes to see both players.Like Federer-Nadal,Federer-Murray in Glasgow,Federer-Sampras,Nadal-Djokovic and so on.
When you got Nadal-Ruud it's all about one player and the other is pretty much an afterthought

· Registered
1,487 Posts
Usually when big exhos are organised you got two headline players;the crowd comes to see both players.Like Federer-Nadal,Federer-Murray in Glasgow,Federer-Sampras,Nadal-Djokovic and so on.
When you got Nadal-Ruud it's all about one player and the other is pretty much an afterthought
Yeah, one of my first thoughts when I saw Ruud on there was "did someone cancel?". I can totally see how some of the bigger names don't want to play in that part of the season, and I don't know how much money the organizers had alotted for Nadal's "dance partner", but jeez.. even if it were lower-ranked player with a more engaging personality (e.g. Kyrgios, Tiafoe.. dunno) I'd at least check the highlights

· Registered
1,736 Posts
When does this bald guy wanna care about his kid? What a joke.
Good question, indeed. :dunno:

I guess it is part of the contract/agreement with 💰 appearance fees. It is a win-win situation with 40,000 fans showed up. He is a crowd sold-out player. Rafa is Rafa. No one will replace him when he retires.

Fedal is the best thing happened in tennis life (yes, in our lifetime, thankfully).🤝

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Highlights

Nadal playing more serve and volley than Federer at 2007 Kooyong

Come on people, the 2 tight sets match with Rafa’s win is fake as part of the contract. Ruud’s play didn’t look normal. He let Rafa win with more often net play. We don’t see that often from Rafa. Not his style to move to the net frequently.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts