Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Lors de son match contre Kei Nishikori à Roland-Garros, il a ressenti des douleurs à la cuisse. Il avait eu deux jours de repos à l’époque où il a pu faire des soins. Au début de la demi-finale contre Wawrinka, il avait du mal à trouver un appui fort en coup droit pour envoyer.
Translation : During his match against Kei Nishikori at Roland-Garros, he felt some pain in his thigh. He had two days off at the time where he could get some treatments. At the beginning of the semifinal against Wawrinka, he had some trouble to find a strong balance off his FH to hit hard.

http://www.welovetennis.fr/sud-radio-wlt/101352-boutter-tsonga-est-en-forme

Wawrinka's luck is insane !
QF - plays Federer who didn't have a day off
SF - plays Tsonga who was injured but still need a MTO to break Jo's momentum and take the 3rd set
F - plays Djokovic who didn't have a day off

·
Registered
893 Posts
Excuses always come after a loss...

·
Registered
767 Posts
tsonga not injuried never loses, no ?

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excuses always come after a loss...
No, it's not an excuse. Tsonga withdrew from S'Hertogenbosch on Saturday (one day after the SF), so it's not that surprising...

Also I don't see the point of Metz's tournament director to 'undermine' Wawrinka's win since the latter will play his tournament in September. :shrug:

·
Registered
21,900 Posts

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Injured or not, your boy would be trashed by that Djokovic in the final. Deal with it.

He was also lucky to play Wawrinka at his worst on those 2 weeks. It was the worst the latter played in that RG.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Is this a continuation of "Did Tsonga blow his biggest chance to win a Grand Slam ?"? thread...That didn't go well, Federer-Fan, oops, Tsonga-fan?

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this a continuation of "Did Tsonga blow his biggest chance to win a Grand Slam ?"? thread...That didn't go well, Federer-Fan, oops, Tsonga-fan?
Well, it's not a continuation, since Tsonga was injured we can't say it was his best chance. I would be fine with both usernames btw, what's wrong with having two favorite players ? :confused:

·
Registered
21,900 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Luck? Wawrinka well and truly kicked everyones ass. It's just a fact.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
That explains everything.

Unbelievable luck from No1e, who due to this injury got the inferior Wawrinka in the final and can therefore claim he won a set :mad:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Lucky him.

It saved him from being utterly humiliated in front of his home crowd in the final.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Well, it's not a continuation, since Tsonga was injured we can't say it was his best chance. I would be fine with both usernames btw, what's wrong with having two favorite players ? :confused:
No problem :lol: Yeah,i understand the frustration for Jo really when it seems like his form is coming around and could be a major dark horse for Wimbledon and rest the season where he often excels, he gets derailed by another injury..Now if this is remotely serious, his grass season would basically be wiped out and will likely go undercooked, if ever present, to defend the 1000 points from Montreal, which could mean a further drop in ranking and another torturous slog back...

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
Well I think everyone realised this was a possibility since he withdrew from next week's tournament immediately after (and that was confirmed to be a definite injury withdrawal rather than just a withdrawal due to going deep at RG, since he didn't play any other grass tournament in the 3 weeks leading up to Wimbledon), so either he had an injury at the time of the SF or he suddenly got an injury the next day. He obviously was fit enough to at least play and it wasn't as though he couldn't move or couldn't serve or anything as no one picked up on that during the match, but he was clearly not great (neither player was in that SF anyway) so that he was carrying some sort of injury is not hugely surprising.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Why anyone who is a fan of offensive tennis (Federer, Tsonga) would go to such great lengths to hate on Wawrinka of all people is beyond me.

Usually people who enjoy shotmaking like Wawrinka's game, but I guess in the case of OP bitter tardism wins out.

I'm not usually one to bring in weak era crap, but for fans of Federer to be claiming a Fed-Tsonga-Djokovic lineup from the QF onwards is "lucky" is quite a statement considering that Federer has had plenty of easier draws on his way to slam finals. Defeating titans like Kiefer and Baghdatis to win in Australia is surely a tale of unparalled physical prowess and mental fortitude, is it not? :rolleyes:

Reactions: rus59

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
The way you post is under a false assumption that Wonga is relevant in the higher echelons of tennis. He isn't, and if anything it's Wonga that was lucky to have such an easy draw of R4. Injured Berdych, and QF. Fake champ Shitori.

Wonga is not relevant in the higher levels of the mens game. Just deal with it - he hasn't done anything in almost a decade. Wonga is just a flash in the pan ballbasher. Big forehand, big serve... and not much else.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts