Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW: Tsonga or Dolgopolov?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Pretty simple: if Tsonga doesn't manage to play better than he did today, this will be Dolgo's to take.

Big 'IF' of course.

Dolgo in three. :)

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Tsonga could barely keep the ball in the court the first set. Dolgo is a fast starter, he might run away with it.

·
A happy person
44,904 Posts
Tsonga if he won't be tired. But they played huge matches against each other so far, so I won't bet. :p

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Tsonga could barely keep the ball in the court the first set. Dolgo is a fast starter, he might run away with it.
Dolgo is not always a fast starter. I can't count the times he's lost the first set 6-1 only to win the match or take it to a third. Still, I hope he can win. He knows what it takes to win a tournament now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The nature of this match tells me that this match could go either one of two ways: either Tsonga wins, or Dolgopolov takes it.
(Let's ignore the probability of a walkover here.)

Being in France and on an indoor surface, I think Tsonga the hulk will overpower the savvy D.

But that is only a guesstimate.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Why is Tsonga even playing this? I don't get it.
rankingpointsrankingpointsrankingpointsrankingpointsrankingpointsrankingpointsrankingpointsrankingpointsrankingpointsrankingpointsrankingpoints etc.

besides that, it's in his home country. ;)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I wonder if Dolgopolov believes he even has a small chance of qualifying for London? Winning this tournament would be a start. He will have to do extremely well at the remaining masters and also the Moscow/ Saint Petersburg double header. I would be thrilled to see either Dolgopolov or Del potro qualify for the O2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts