Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a whole lot to separate these two, but the main difference was the fact Dolgo was more willing to go for his shots on the big points and when he had the openings, plus hit enough first serves in to occasionally bail him out when he needed it. Baghdatis wasn't too bad and can build on this in future events, but the lapse he had from the end of the second to the start of the third cost him.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Decent match until end of the second set, then Baghdatis chokes hard at *5-6, makes four elementary errors to gift away the set, and ...... that was the end of his interest in the match.

Hard to treat him seriously as a tennis player these days when he goes away like a junior.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Well, the folks in Metz surely got value-for-money this evening!

Very entertaining match, but such is to be expected with two of these top-class tennis entertainers out there on court. :worship:
The first set saw Dolgo starting off very sloppy indeed and Baggy rightfully took advantage of that in the TB - though not without struggles. And at the start of the second set I thought (feared? :angel:) that Baghdatis would take this in straights. However, after a slight medical time-out for Dolgo (nasty blister on his little toe), Baghdatis' level started to drop whereas Dolgo picked up his real fine.
The third set saw a deflated, tired Baggy trying to postpone the inevitable, but Dolgo, fully back in dancing-mode (yep, he's prefectly capable of showcasing 'ballet tennis' :D) didn't waste his time and finished off the match in style.

Great job, Dolgo, keep it going! :cheerleader: and :hug: to Baggy for a great match - too bad he just couldn't manage to keep up his initial level towards the end.

Oh btw, that beautiful dark-haired, green-eyed lady sitting next to Dolgo's coach, is that Dolgo's GF? Good catch, if so! :hearts:

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Oh btw, that beautiful dark-haired, green-eyed lady sitting next to Dolgo's coach, is that Dolgo's GF? Good catch, if so! :hearts:
Fantastic :) does anyone know her name?

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
In my honest opinion Marcos is the most charming player ever. I do congrats to Dolgo. I just feel that Marcos could have done so much more.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
In my honest opinion Marcos is the most charming player ever. I do congrats to Dolgo. I just feel that Marcos could have done so much more.
Both of them are very charming indeed. :)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Her name is Tory Zats, and she is gorgeous! :hearts:
Dolgo the master! :rocker:
Thanks, yeah, Dolgo got himself a real nice catch, there! :cat:

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
dolgo is fun to watch but he needs more consistency and discipline.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I really can't believe Dolgopolov scored this chick. :eek: Almost fell out of my chair when the announcer said it was his girlfriend.

I didn't get to see the match all the way through and I was really torn between who to root for. Marcos and Gonzalez had been my favorite players for many years but they have both really faded away in recent years and I guess Dolgo may be my new favorite. I wasn't too impressed with Dolgo's game in the first two sets because he was junkballing those backhand slices way too much. In fact many of them were sitters that Baghdatis really should have capitalized on. Even though the game was off, it's nice to see that he stayed focused enough to pull it out.

As for Marcos, I really hope he improves his game, sticks around for a few more years and moves up to top 30-40 in the rankings. This may be optimistic, but I really feel the tour needs a guy with his charisma and entertainment.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
I really can't believe Dolgopolov scored this chick. :eek: Almost fell out of my chair when the announcer said it was his girlfriend.
Why? Dolgo has two of the biggest attraction traits women look for in a man: high status and money. Looks are secondary.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
dolgo is fun to watch but he needs more consistency and discipline.
Yep. But at least he's different from all of the 99% ball bashers & base-liners we see so often nowadays.

which he (Dolgo) isn't
I hope you won't mind me gracefully disagreeing with you, here. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts