Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another early loss for Golubev. Had a *5-3 30-0 lead in the first set, lost it, and lost control of the match. Did a good job in the first set until the end of holding Benoit off in several serve games and breaking to serve for it, but this year is simply not his year.

Happy Benoit took advantage of the draw and got the win here. Lost only three points on serve in the second set. Getting closer and closer to a YE top 100 finish.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Spadea will not be lucky this time :p

·
Registered
29,418 Posts
I nominate Golubev for Mug of the Year.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Great win for Benoit. :D Came into metz after winning a challenger title and a SF, hopefully he can prove himself against Muller.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Allez Benoit. :) :)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Does Golubev get payed for every set he loses after having been ahead with one or more breaks? :tape:

Well done, Paire. :)

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Does Golubev get payed for every set he loses after having been ahead with one or more breaks? :tape:
this is the only rational explanation for his results :haha:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Golubev will rise from this level.
he's going through a rough sand. But I think he will come out of this very well. This tough season will motivate him, he is getting close. In this match he was only 2 points from winning the set and crushing the french insane man.

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
Good result for tennis
It looks like Benoit is building something on his good shape

·
Registered
29,418 Posts
he's going through a rough sand. But I think he will come out of this very well. This tough season will motivate him, he is getting close. In this match he was only 2 points from winning the set and crushing the french insane man.
"Golubev will rise" :spit: :rolls:

Yeah, it's hard to do any WORSE than he did this season. :hug:

·
Registered
59,351 Posts
Shows the amount of respect for Golu's mental strength that not even Paire tanks a set from 5-3 30-0

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Expected. Golubev is a garbage player.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Andrey :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Golubev has a really good game but can't seem to hold it together mentally.

One thing I noticed is that his ohbh didn't break down at all against Nadal in their recent meeting, actually he should have won that match almost easily, but his mental state was very poor.

Just too bad how many players have a good game but have poor mental strength.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Golubev has a really good game but can't seem to hold it together mentally.

One thing I noticed is that his ohbh didn't break down at all against Nadal in their recent meeting, actually he should have won that match almost easily, but his mental state was very poor.

Just too bad how many players have a good game but have poor mental strength.
+1

Hope he gets his head together, his game is awesome, kinda like Dima Tursunov's :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts