Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great win for Arnaud! Pity i couldn't watch this match, but looks like he gets back his confidence in this awful injury year after St. Remy final and beating Llodra indoors. :yeah:

Mahut is a tough opponent for Clement, Arnaud won only one match, but it was the last between them this year. He has a big chance to finally make his first QF of the season. :) Has to raise 1st serve %, 47 is not enough..

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I did watch this match, and indeed Clement was playing very solid. But truth be told, it looked like Llodra never showed up. Tons of mistakes, service didn't work, etc.
A pity as I was looking forward to a Llodra-Mahut clash. :(
Anyhow, congrats to the old fellow! :hatoff:

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Yea, this is the same performance i saw from llodra when he faced anderson at the uso. To be honest, I think he's put his singles career in the backseat and focusing primarily on doubles. It'll be interesting to see what his response will be when that ranking plummets.

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
Llodra was horrible, utter fail.

Clement did not play his best but in fact he did not need to.

Llodra led by a break up in the second set and you still thought he was gonna lose it, because he had nothing but the net game.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,472 Posts
What has happened to Llodra? He's been terrible for most of this year. He should focus on doubles if he continues this rubbish.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Mika served at a high percentage but overall his game was very erratic in all departments, not good enough from the baseline, and got beaten coming to the net too often by not following the ball and not really showing any intensity nor focus.

Arno returned well, his baseline game was average. Big win for Arno, one that should give him confidence, but he'll need to play a bit better to progress further.

·
Registered
21,371 Posts
So are Simon and Chardy at this tournament too? I think I saw Gasquet is here, I'm hoping a Frenchman steps it up and wins it.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
llodra clearly tanked the match. his approach shots to the net were :eek: casually walking to the net after any shot just for clement to hit the easiest of passes, embarassing.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts