Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great Match from Mahut that had two break points in the second set to get 2/1 and the lead.

Mahut is playing well on Indoors and could have defeated Tsonga today.

Tsonga hit 20 aces and got the semifinal spot in this tournament that could be his best to chance to get a Singles Title on 2011

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Re: Metz QF: Tsonga def. Mahut - 4/6, 6/3, 7/5

We should have an indoor slam for the likes of Soderling, Mahut, Muller, De Schepper and co.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Tsonga was notoriously 'absent' in big parts of this match but even his subpar level of play was enough to get the job done. Won't be enough to win this tournament I suspect - he'll have to step it up!
Poor Mahut :hug:. Played very well, could well have taken advantage of a subpar Tsonga, but didn't have Lady Luck on his side at all. He got horribly robbed by a terrible linecall early in the third set, where he might well have gotten the break. Unfortunately this is 'the-sh*t-that-happens' in tournaments with no HE, but I do feel sorry for him... :(

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Tsonga was notoriously 'absent' in big parts of this match but even his subpar level of play was enough to get the job done. Won't be enough to win this tournament I suspect - he'll have to step it up!
Poor Mahut :hug:. Played very well, could well have taken advantage of a subpar Tsonga, but didn't have Lady Luck on his side at all. He got horribly robbed by a terrible linecall early in the third set, where he might well have gotten the break. Unfortunately this is 'the-sh*t-that-happens' in tournaments with no HE, but I do feel sorry for him... :(
Yes, a better returner will eat him up if he plays like that again.

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Excelent match from Mahut

Unfortunatelly Tsonga played better on the important points

Still a good tournament for Nico... finally :yeah:

·
Registered
163 Posts
This match could have gone only one of two ways.
And so it went.

Mahut was particularly fluid on his half volley but there was no bait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts