Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An amazing match. Mesaros was full of confidence, and he tactically outclassed Zverev. Then Zverev felt somekind of pain and he was forced to retire.. Such a pity!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
2 titans battleing on court. Dramatic scenes as we speak! One match that will go for the ages!

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
No Zverev you're not doing it right man. This is not what we've been expecting from you

6-1 0-6 0-4 ret. now that's what we all wanted

I'm disappointed

·
Registered
26,081 Posts
is there a player with more retirements in the history of the game then this guy?
He doesn't have this many...

Around 25-30 retirements in 10-12 years and he tends to retire in consecutive tournaments. He's probably played more tournament without being fit than any other guys, this RG could be a prime example due to the prize money.

Kudryavtsev could have a similar amounts of retirements. No other player comes to mind right now, but maybe there is one...

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
He doesn't have this many...

Around 25-30 retirements in 10-12 years and he tends to retire in consecutive tournaments. He's probably played more tournament without being fit than any other guys, this RG could be a prime example due to the prize money.

Kudryavtsev could have a similar amounts of retirements. No other player comes to mind right now, but maybe there is one...
is this including challengers?

it just seems like so much more. it just seems like every tournament i've seen this guy in he's ended up retiring

·
Registered
26,081 Posts
Yes I checked his entire itf profile, he played quite a lot men's tennis already at 15 yo. "Only" 6 retirements in the last 12 months I believe.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Right, but Davydenko and Volandri are both more than 5 years older than Zverev... the German's got quite a few more years to easily surpass those two.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I don't think all of those 30+ injuries were so crucial. I believe if he had fighting spirit, just a little he would finish more matches. But he is just... pathetic to say the least

1 - 20 of 20 Posts