Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mom 2 2 Beauties
11,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say what?

Oh...well, maybe just heavier. Last night watching a tape of the Mixed Doubles Finals from earlier in the week, Jim Courier mentioned that the men used slightly heavier balls than the women at the USO. He also said that the mens balls were being used in Mixed and it had elicited complaints from some of the women. He added that this practice was only followed at the USO.

I'm at home on dial-up and surfing the web to confirm this fact is difficult.

What's the deal?

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
bigger balls:lol::devil:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well, women don't have balls, ofcourse Jim Courier wouldn't know that so he made that comment. Hope that helped :wavey:

Kidding.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Now, when I read the title of this thread, I was like "duh"! Since we're actually talking tennis here, I will say that I'm :eek: I never knew that!

·
Gugaholic
84,778 Posts
:lol: AQ, quite a sensational title. ATP has been playing with players balls for sometimes.

Seriously, I think a year or 2 ago the tour tried to slow down the matches and create more rallies, the size of the ball was increased. I'm not sure whether they changed back afterward or not.

·
Registered
262 Posts
R.Federer said:
Mauresmo has some balls :)
Just kidding.... I have also not heard about Big Balls for guys and little ones for the girls
Arg, Martina you are uncovered!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Angle Queen said:
Say what?

Oh...well, maybe just heavier. Last night watching a tape of the Mixed Doubles Finals from earlier in the week, Jim Courier mentioned that the men used slightly heavier balls than the women at the USO. He also said that the mens balls were being used in Mixed and it had elicited complaints from some of the women. He added that this practice was only followed at the USO.

What's the deal?
Here's what I know about it:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2210737&postcount=4

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
they talked about this in new haven i think when feli hit a ball into the crowd and they were wondering why he wasn't warned, turns out it was because it was a women's ball. they said something about it being to slow the men's game down a bit and speed up the women's game, and that's why they have different color writing on them, to help tell them apart. i don't remember exactly, sorry.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
i guess some men are luckier than others :angel:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Angle Queen said:
Say what?

What's the deal?
I have heard of this. I always play and practice with the balls the men use, I suppose. I should try the women's sometime.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
You bet they do. I'm surprised you didn't notice this before...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts