Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this dude is 30+. he is a defending u.s. open doubles chanpion. and today he showed he still has major game in singles as well when he is healthy and fit.

he is not traveling with a coach. its just him and his physio.

are you impressed with his game and his fitness? how much more noise can he make in 2012?

what are your own expectations for melzer for the rest of 2012?

you have the floor so dont be shy.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i saw something from him today that really impresssed me: he was more fearless than ever so that was the first thing that caught my eye. he was aggressive when he knew he had to be.

he served well and returned well pretty much for the entire match. he never let his intensity and focus drop.

he also looks more fit. i think he looks like a man on a bit of a mission this year.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Bandwagon thread.

Same as usual, have some good wins, awful losses and playing sexy tennis mixed in with the bizarre stuff.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
top 30 player for the rest of this year and then he'll fall off the grid next year

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was impressed with his ability to produce all court tennis today dee. he was sharp, focused, and had a game plan in place.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Sometimes, he lets his guard down too much meaning he puts himself down, he gives up sometimes easily and he goes for broke at the wrong times, that usually happens when he plays against the top 4, i mean the guy is very talented but to play against the likes of murray, djokovic, nadal and federer, is a very tough task for a guy like him. He has to be prepared mentally, physically and emotionally when it comes down to winning a slam.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he was a late bloomer. he is reasonable threat in singles and doubles.

it will be hard to win a slam at this age. slams are not easy to snatch.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
The Memphis title could very well be his last hurrah :sad:. I hope not though....

Just needs to stay healthy for a decent period of time, which will be difficult given his age.

·
Registered
874 Posts
He will sleep his way through the WTA, going from #30 to the top baby!

I'm kidding, I can see his appeal for the female players. He is quite good-looking.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
I... actually don't know, Melzer is one of the most enigmatics players ever.

Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11772244 said:
I think he will do well in 2012, lets just hope that he keeps this level up.
I like that flag in your nickname ._.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
supreme fitness is the key for him. rest will take care of itself. he knows what he is doing on the court.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
If he continues to take out serve bots, hopefully he'll stick around.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yup....this guy is even three months older the Federer--- can't have much future ahead of him!
Unlike Federer, Melzer won a slam last year. (It pains me to make this joke but it's true)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts