Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ginepri to beat Melzer.

Haven't got a price for this one, but hopefully its a juicy one. Ginepri enjoys this later part of the season indoors and has a particularly good record here - he has never failed to get beyond the 1st round and reached the quarters and semis here in the last 2 years, only being beaten by Federer and Nadal while beating players such as Ancic, Robredo, Ferrer, Davydenko and Grosjean.
This year again he has breezed through the qualies, although he wasn't really tested but this would have allowed him to get to grips with the courts. He holds a good recent record against lefties - Berrer the only leftie to beat him in the last 2 years and holds a 3-0 h2h advantage over Melzer.

Melzer never really excels in these big events. I wasn't really impressed with his play over the last two weeks in Metz and Vienna where he crumbled when infront against Chela and Canas. I think Ginepri should take him........but this is Ginepri we are talking about so much will depend on how he plays.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
Nice write-up. You have me tempted but like you say it depends on the price.

Some early dog prices I like the look of are Monaco at around 2.6 over Andreev and Clement at around 2.8 over Nalbandian. Haven't looked into these properly yet though.

Will probably play Murray over Stepanek too. You won't go broke long term backing Murray against serve/volleyers. 1.7 looks an ok price.

·
Registered
32,173 Posts
Interested in Lopez and Verdasco handicap.
Playing at home against :spit: hardcourt players.
Apparently Feli is 1.45 to win 2-0 on betfair,and that is definitely a gift imo,based on Feli's recent form and perfromance's and I don't need to say anything about Volandri on this surface :haha:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Triple:
1.00 on Murray over Stepanek (@1.57)+Lopez over Volandri (@1.16)+Verdasco over Montanes (@1.14) @2.08

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Andreev @ 1.5
Ginepri @ 1.65
Koubek @ 2.1
Murray @ 1.75

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
I'd also be wanting to take Ginepri, but I can't find anything else "sure enough" to parlay with him, and taking 1.65 odds on that fruitcake frankly scares me. :lol:

Stepanek v Murray is an interesting one...Muzza is a bad match for that sort of player, but Sexy has other strings to his bow, and I can see him being difficult to put away. Can't pull the trigger on either of them, in all honesty.

Only one that is remotely tempting is Koubek.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Igor Andreev - Juan Monaco

Well I'm going against public here as I don't see any special reason why price on Andreev is so low. Both players indoors hard isn't favorite surface although they can play pretty good. Andreev player pretty well last week reaching quarters with wins over Mahut and careless Safin, but loosing title holder Davydenko. Igor didn't play that well last match and wasn't able to push Nikolay. Also Monaco reached quarters in Stockholm beating two low ranked Swedes, but loosing against Haas. I can't say that He played well there, but still it was good practice for Madrid. This is masters so everyone is trying his best. And it is pretty slow surface that make both players chances more equal. Andreev hasn't such a booming serve and Monaco can play from baseline with him. So I don't see one way match as odds suggest.

Pick: Monaco
Odds: 3.20
Bookie: Sportingbet
Stakes: 3/10

1 - 20 of 48 Posts