Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third and last report of this trip... If you have read all of these long reports, you are really appreciated by me! :worship: I hope you also understand why I really enjoyed the trip while reading... My year 2006 started in a perfect way.

January 5th, Day 3: Breda-Amsterdam-Schiphol-Zurich

Yvo's alarm/radio turned on at 8.40 AM. As I wrote in the Day2 report, we first wanted to get up at 7.40 AM and take 8.54 train to Amsterdam, but since we went to bed late again, we decided to have extra one hour in bed. :p Actually I was awake in bed since 8.20 AM or so and never went back to sleep... It was just silent in the room. I could hear how Yvo was breathing, but it was not the way a sleeping person was breathing, so I could feel that she was also awake then... After the alarm, I got up first and went to bathroom. When I came back, Yvo was still in bed, but obviously very very awake. She told me that she had been awake before the alarm... Aha, I thought so...:p We prepared our stuff in a speedy tempo, not so hurrying but not in a lazy tempo... When Yvo was closing the door of her room, I said *bye bye* to the room where I slept for the last two nights. We walked to the train station. We didn't walk slowly, but it was almost the time of departure as we arrived there. I still had to buy a ticket, but there was a long line of people in front of the shalter,,, so we went to a ticket vending machine... It seemed you could use only your credit card or debit card to buy a train ticket at the vending machines. Yvo didn't think that I could use also my card to buy tickets, so she first wanted to buy a ticket with her card and I would have paid her back later. But, I realized then that I could use my debit card as well there, so I used my card... It would have been easier if I had used my card from the beginning of my trip. :p This time, we had no time to go buy some breakfast, otherwise we would have missed the train and waited another hour there... :p

In the train, I also enjoyed the view, hoping to see more windmills and cows. This time, I could see several windmills in the close distance! :D Windmills are so cool to see, you can see this kind of building only in the Netherlands! At least it is famous in the country. Only disappointment was I couldn't see cows... I saw cows, but they were far away and they were almost points. :eek: We saw some sheeps and ponnies, though! :D I don't know if we could count this as breakfast, but Yvo had a single tangerine with her, so we shared it half and half. (Actually, Yvo's part was a little bigger than mine. :p) It took quite long to get to Amsterdam. The trian stopped almost at every station... We arrived there some minutes before noon.

Now we are in Amsterdam! The capital of the Netherlands! Home of Concertgebouw Orchestra! Holy city of marijuana! :devil: :ras: There were a lot of people there with many kinds of shops along the street. This reminded me of the streets of Tokyo and Bahnhofstrasse of Zurich. First thing we did was to eat lunch... of course we were hungry... a half tangerine didn't do enough for our stomachs, you know... :p So, we went to McDonald's. I had a McChicken meal and she had a Quarter Pounder meal.. I had iced tea to drink, but that was a surprise. The iced tea was carbonated! It had gas or bubbles or whatever you call it in it. Yvo says it is normal, and that is indeed her favorite drink. But, Lipton iced tea in Switzerland is not carbonated and I had never drunk carbonated iced tea... It was interesting, but I prefer normal iced tea... Well, when I first arrived in Europe, I also didn't like carbonated mineral water, but now I rather prefer to drink carbonated water, so maybe I might start liking it when I get used to it. But, my stay in the Netherlands was too short to get used to it...

Then we went to the street which Yvo says of, *the most expensive street to buy in the monopoly game.* :p Well, I can't remember the name, but most Dutch people know this street. The street was of course very crowded. There were some nice shops, but we went to a CD/DVD shop and a few body soap shops. In the body shops, we bought some stuff as well... Yvo bought her shampoo which smells like a stone. (Well, it smells good, but we don't know if it is really a smell of that stone... a stone smells? :shrug: ) I bought a yogurt drink there and two kids surprise chocolates. One for me, one for her. After leaving this shop, we ate this chocolate.. It was hard to eat this chocolate because there was a capsule in which a toy was in... Sorry, but it was hard for me, and I had hard time eating this chocolate... :eek: Yvo found it funny that I was having a hard time eating just this simple chocolate.... Good, that I could give her some funny part of this. :p We didn't open it until we were sitting in a train again, because the things could fall out because we were still walking...

Later, we went to this famous department store Bijenkorf to sit and drink something. Well, before going to the restaurant, we went to the toy section of the store on Yvo's will... You know for what by now... Yeah, she wanted to see more of those animal stuffed dolls. Haha, we didn't look at anything else other than being at the toy section and in the restaurant in this deparment store. :p In the restaurant, we just wanted to have drinks, but we saw something interesting, so we took it as well. A small bowl of fruits filled with pineapple, mango, and redcurrant. As I said in the previous report, pineapple is Roger Federer and mango is Marco Chiudinelli for us. :p Yvo also added this redcurrants in it as *decoration*. At the table, we enjoyed eating these favorite fruits with our favorite names. We also took pictures of us eating the fruits. :p Since we didn't have the name for redcurrants, so after a short discussion, Yvo suggested Oli Rochus for this berries because they were small.. Small and cute like Oli, you know... :p After enjoying the fruits and sitting at the restaurant, we went back to the train station to take a train to Schiphol Airport where I had a flight to take to go home...

I hadn't felt at all that I was really going home until we boarded the train. In the train, I began to feel that this trip was almost over and soon I had to say good bye to Yvo... I have to admit that I am sort of an emotional guy, so I had some weird feeling in my mind, a sad feeling... Sad that I had to go home already.. But, we had still fun time in the train making the toys we got from the surprise chocolate... :) I got a sort of car with a ghost on it, which didn't really roll, and Yvo got a sort of knight horse. I remember Yvo had trouble making it. :p Yvo asked me then if I am ready to go home, and I answered normally, *yeah, I think so.* I said it noarmally, but Yvo's words were heavy in my heart... Though I was feeling a bit sad, another entertainment made me feel better. There was a small boy sitting in front of Yvo with his mom (or grandma, I can't remember) He was playing alone with his plastic cheetah. He was talking to himself and wasn't afraid to be loud. He was talking in English, so we could understand what he was saying all the time. Soon Yvo and he began to play each other. That was funny, and how they were responding to each other was really cute. :) But, the most funny part of this was when the boy called Yvo *Mr. cat.* :lol: I had to laugh, too, because the boy didn't care if Yvo was male or female.. :p He called her mr. cat. Soon we had to say good bye to this boy, as the train arrived at Schiphol Airport.

Yvo wanted to go back to Breda early, so she was there just for 10 minutes with me. We first checked when her train would be leaving, and went upstairs. We talked like we were soon about to say the final good bye. I don't know she recognized, but I was feeling emotional then. I tried not to show this in my face, but hopefully she didn't see anything. When she was going downstairs to take the train, we said good bye with three cheek kisses. She wanted go but I stopped her one more time. I still had a job to be done. Steffi, her best friend, had asked me to hug Yvo and say for her that she misses her very much and wants to see her again. I haven't told anyone yet, but this was a huge matter to me for this trip, and I had to think about this often before and during the trip. :eek: First I had thought I would hug her at the arrival, but I couldn't do it... Then I also couldn't do it until the departure. I also couldn't do it in her room, because I was afraid she might think that I have something else in my mind. You know, I am not used to hug another woman other than Fabienne... I am shy for this kind of stuff. Therefore, Steffi gave me a really tough job to accomplish... :p Yes, in the very end, I could hug her and say what Steffi wanted me to tell Yvo. I think she was happy to receive this message and hug from Steffi though me! :p Then Yvo left.

Now I am completely alone in the airport. I went straight to the check in desk, but I was feeling a hole in my chest... For me, good byes are tough, especially after such a nice time... :sad: The check in was OK and I went immediately to the passport controle The officer who checked my passport greeted me with *good evening* in Japanese and let me go with *thank you very much* in Japanese. I still had about one hour till boarding time, so I went to some shops just to take a look and had a piece of pizza before going to the gate. To kill long waiting time, reading a book or for me doing sudoku helps very much. It was soon boarding time. :) The flight this time was also OK, without electricity problem or leaked gas and so... :p Again, I was doing sudoku and listening to a Bruckner symphony. Since I had already eaten a piece of pizza in the airport, I wasn't hungry that much, so I took a sandwitch in the airplane, but I didn't eat there but took it home where I ate it the next day. The flight was short this time. Just over one hour!

I landed safely in Zurich Airport, but I knew I had nothing to look forward to there... A good thing is that everything went smoothly. :) I could leave the airplane without any problem, the passport controle guy also talked to me in Japanese, which was rather funny, and could find my baggage belt immediately. And great thing there was that the 2nd object which came out on the belt was my baggage, so I took it and I was the first person from the same airplane to go out. This time, no one at the custom controle asked me anything. :) It was so hard and complicated in Amsterdam, but it was so easy in Zurich. :p When I went through the final gate, I saw lots of people waiting for their loved ones, friends, etc to come out. I felt sad again then, because I knew no one was waiting for me, so it was kinda sad going through those bunch of people alone... Soon, I took a train home. The same train which brought me directly to the airport from my station, so I didn't have to change train to go home again... :)

I came back home. The apartment looked exactly the same as when I left two days before (of course the same!). I immediately sent Yvo a message to let her know that I arrived home. After checking the tennis results, I turned on the computer to make a post in our chat thread to let the others know that I came back!

Those three days were just wonderful! Thanks Yvo and Nienke for the great funny time we shared. Thanks Yvo for walking with me for three days despite your feet hurt. I would have loved to stay there longer, but sadly it had to be just three days... We will do this again and next time with Steffi! :bounce:

Thank you for reading, and hopefully you had an idea how wonderful it was for me during these three days. Now I wish you a happy happy year 2006!!

Yukio (SP)

PS. here are the links to Yvo's (Chiudi-fan) and Nienke's (RogiNie) reports. :)
Yvo's link seems not working, so I suggest you to go directly to her blog.
Nienke: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2874294&postcount=40571

G

·
0 Posts
your reports were just great :hearts: it made me laugh :rolls: (especially this:
Holy city of marijuana! :devil: :ras:[/qupte]) and made me feel sad :hug: But it was a great read! Thanks for writing everything down! and i'm looking forward already for a next meet! :hug:

G

·
0 Posts
Great reports Yukio! :worship: I just read all 3 of them! glad you had a good time with Nienke and Yvo :kiss: :hug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts