Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, guys, what is not to love about this attitude?

Imagine Djokovic would have won and we would have all suffered through one of his cringeworthy celebration routines (he actually did it even without a crowd!)

Medvedev is one of a kind. A unique occurence in a more and more fake tennis bubble. Please, never change, Medvedev. I want you to see winning the AO and then just shrug it off.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Well, here i agree with him. I don't celebrate your victories as well. :D

Reactions: friður

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
He’s a bit cringey with all this talk.
Trying a bit too hard, he still has shitloads to prove if he wants to be anywhere near the top.

Reactions: sav001

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
For many surely better than Djokovic's shirt ripping and Nadal's sawing. :giggle:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
well its different

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
he is such a weirdo, gotta love him HAHA

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Normally he's serving out for the title and since he expects to hold his serve every time, it never surprises him when he wins.

But in the 2nd set TB, which was uncertain, he gave the instant fist-pump same as anybody else. It means plenty to him.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I don't know if it's funny for anyone, but you can also interpret this as if he whipped out his d*ck after saying the first sentence.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Better to "under" celebrate than to "over" celebrate. This is like a breath of fresh air to the tennis world.
There's no real "better' here, as this is a highly subjective matter. I think that regardless of whether a player wears his emotions on his sleeve, or remains rather reserved, as long as those expressions are sincere, most fans will find them relatable. Medvedev doesn't actually take his success for granted, he simply tries to play extra cool extra hard. Which may come across as childish and corny.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
apparently it stemmed from the US Open last year when he realised all great players had their own thing. he decided his thing would be not celebrating his victories. apparently he cares very much but has decided to run with it as his thing 😆

it's funny now but i see blacklash or him not sticking to it if/when he wins a slam. people will get over it pretty quickly if he keeps winning a lot.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts