Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I would love to hear what do you think it was Djokovic game plan going into the match and also what was Medvedev plan?
You'll have to ask Gilles Cervara what Medvedev's plan was. None of the rest of us will ever know because he threw in the towel so early.

Maybe the next time, the plan will be not to give up trying after one set.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Again, so the tactics of the 33-year-old with the torn abdominal muscle were to outlast the fit 25-year-old in gruelling rallies?

And that it took all of one set for the 33-year-old to achieve this and for the 25-year-old to tire out?

Interesting reality-bending stuff.
So according to you Djokovic game plan was that he prayed to God Med will have "bad day". I guess God has same agenda as Djokovic than. O man you are something else....

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Yes as long as he is not the one doing all the running and he wasn't.
Ah, I see. So, let me get this straight:

Djokovic made Medvedev run around more by NOT hitting to the corners. And this radical strategy of making Medvedev run around by, um, not running around, tired out Medvedev after one set?

·
Registered
766 Posts
As a Meddy fan, I know the Russian was not very good but all credit goes to Djokovic for derailing the train! He used very good strokes after serve and return to make Daniil run and it worked. Then Meddy lost his nerves in the 2nd set but that is merely a consequence of being outplayed, it did not come from nowhere.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Ah, I see. So, let me get this straight:

Djokovic made Medvedev run around more by NOT hitting to the corners. And this radical strategy of making Medvedev run around by, um, not running around, tired out Medvedev after one set?
What are you talking about? When did I suggest that he wasn't hitting to the corners of the court? lol

Of course he was hitting to the corners as that is how you get someone running. He just wasn't trying to actually hit a winner every time that he hit into a corner as to get to Med's legs and it appears it worked.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you watch this match again, I can explain every single error Medvedev produced was previously influenced by Djokovic. It was really tactically masterpiece. Especially against smart player as Medvedev. It was very well planned and it went very well. Even Med making 1st set even didnt affect Djokovic too much. I honestly belive he was ready to loose 1st set but he wanted him to run like crazy. Thats why too many drop shots. Djokovic played almost every shot safe in the 1st set.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
What are you talking about? When did I suggest that he wasn't hitting to the corners of the court? lol

Of course he was hitting to the corners as that is how you get someone running. He just wasn't trying to actually hit a winner every time that he hit into a corner as to get to Med's legs and it appears it worked.
Oh sorry, that was bovegas's amusing theory!

So bovegas thinks he tired Medvedev out by not hitting to the corners, and you think he tired Medvedev out by hitting to the corners. OK, fine, you'll have to sort that out between yourselves!

But, come on! A grand slam final and the 25-year.old was out of legs after one set! While the 33-year-old with the torn abdominal muscle wasn't?

Give me a break. There is no explanation for Medvedev's total mental collapse other than his mental weakness.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
If you watch this match again, I can explain every single error Medvedev produced was previously influenced by Djokovic. It was really tactically masterpiece. Especially against smart player as Medvedev. It was very well planned and it went very well. Even Med making 1st set even didnt affect Djokovic too much. I honestly belive he was ready to loose 1st set but he wanted him to run like crazy. Thats why too many drop shots. Djokovic played almost every shot safe in the 1st set.
Gotcha! Play safe shots and wait a set for your opponent to just give up.

Tactical genius!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh sorry, that was bovegas's amusing theory!

So bovegas thinks he tired Medvedev out by not hitting to the corners, and you think he tired Medvedev out by hitting to the corners. OK, fine, you'll have to sort that out between yourselves!

But, come on! A grand slam final and the 25-year.old was out of legs after one set! While the 33-year-old with the torn abdominal muscle wasn't?

Give me a break. There is no explanation for Medvedev's total mental collapse other than his mental weakness.
He was hiting corners but safe. He wasnt trying to make winners. I dont understand why is so hard for you to understand. Why you are stubborn? Again what do you think their game plan was. Do you have any opinion about that?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
He was hiting corners but safe. He wasnt trying to make winners. I dont understand why is so hard for you to understand. Why you are stubborn? Again what do you think their game plan was. Do you have any opinion about that?
Lol, hitting corners but safe.

What tactical genius! I'm overwhelmed!

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I think what hurt Med more than anything was that he was expecting to get more free points on his own serve than he was getting and was expecting Novak to not get as many free points on serve as he was.

Med likes to get a lot of free points on serve and then dig in physically on the return, but Djokovic was nullifying his serve and forcing him to work to hold serve points and I think that quickly wore Med out mentally.

·
Registered
801 Posts
So you expect Djoker to always play and serve the same because he overstayed his welcome and your idol Fed
and Nadal are rudely hurt by Djoker victories? A 6’6” guy had to outmuscle, move smarter and much faster than the GOAT, so much more often, yet if Fed is losing to Med, it’s because he is so rusty, old or very injured.
My “friend”, Djoker was “old and injured”. Too freaking bad.

if Nadal played like he did against Med, Nadal would’ve escaped again?
You know, dumping easy balls in the net and whacking the crap out of the ball to the sideboard?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fed's never lost to Med, but by all my means keep rambling incoherently.
Instead of blabbering maybe you dhould educate yourself about tennis. There is great book called "Winning ugly " by Brad Gilbert. You will see its as simple as you think...

81 - 100 of 140 Posts