Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Answering the first question in his presser, re how he felt about his match today said: "I didn't play bad, I didn't play great."
Then he went on to compare his score against Djok to his score, as victor, against Rublev (who was exhausted from the heat, and useless) and his score against Tsitspas (exhausted from Nadal, and useless) then mentioning these were both "top 5 players" (Not!).
Wow. No humble pie there after one of the worst bendovers in recent slam history. He couldn't admit he was shit, and account for it. That might have been interesting, and useful to hear, why he didn't show up, past the first set. But instead he claimed "He didn't play bad." Looked pretty atrocious to me!!!!

I used to like Med, but this changes things. His arrogance in the presser was cringe worthy.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
he's right. he didn't play bad, he played horribly thanks to djokovic.

Reactions: Phillo

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Straight set loss after a 20 some match winning streak and proven you have beaten the top guys before then getting dusted easy in the finals against a 33-34 year old Djokovic, , IS playing bad. Hes turning into Goran/Murray/Roddick etc. in the finals. A host finals appearances and never bringing it together on the big stage. Hes only been a name for a season or two now and is already setting a bad trend in slam finals. Not good. He should be way closer to his prime/peak than Nole at this point so there is NO EXCUSE to be getting straight setted

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's right, he wasn't great, but not bad either. It's just Novak was on another level
Don't agree, obviously.
He was BAD, in the the last game of the 1rst set, he stunk, all on his own without help from Djok.
After that, he barely tried, He was spraying shots 20 feet off the court.

Djok was great 1rst set, no argument.
But Med gave up after being broken back in the 2nd.
gave UP. Djok just had to be there.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
He wasn't that bad, but he definitely should be disappointed with his performance—and he is. I don't see anything worth crying about here—except for missing out on Djokovic @1.9; It'll be 15-25 years before we see him at those odds in a match again...

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Actually it was a bit of both: Djokovic still dictating in 2nd set (apart from the game when he got broken) and Medvedev unable to adapt to this game.
It was one of those rare performances when Novak was able to mix it up in a difficult matchup. That NextGen is more clueless than Wawrinka in that regard is something we shouldn't wonder about at this point.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
You couldn't tell the difference between his semi press conf and his final press conf - not good enough. At least Tsitsi, Serena etc looked depressed. Way too accepting, as if it was just a bad day at the office and will be better next time. Just not made of the same stuff as the Big 3.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The thread starter clown was saying Nadal would beat Djokovic in the final LOL. Same old idiots never learn. Now Djokovic only has merits for the first set haha. If you said something like that about a Nadal GS title the same clown would be spewing her crap nonstop.

Stop whinning and accept the ruins.

·
Banned
19,217 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I mean, maybe he says that because being negative about his performance especially to the media doesn’t help him

That said, if he really feels like that effort can beat a great player, then he has a long way to go

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
If getting broken 7 times and only breaking your opponent 2 times means you didn't play bad, I'd like to sip the same flavored kool-aide (or vodka in this case) he's drinking!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The score doesn't tell the story though. its not like Med played great that first set. He just did enough to not lose that set worse.. then he had a mental breakdown by the second and never really recovered.. He was outplayed horribly AND that is why it would be concerning if he privately thinks he played okay.. Because that level of tennis does not even beat good players let alone the greats in finals.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
It's the racquet he broke that was playing bad. He's right, he's playing just fine.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts