Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MEDIA RELEASE: EMBARGOED UNTIL 1 FEBRUARY 2003

PETE SAMPRAS ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM FATP TOUR

On 1 February 2003, veteran player Pete Sampras announced his retirement from the FATP tour to concentrate on other interests.

"I have reached a point in life where it is time to hand over to the younger guys," Sampras said.

"Obviously I am pleased with my performance in the recent Heineken Open where I beat a couple of tough opponents before going down in the semi-final. It's nice to know that I can still mix it on equal terms with other players in the FATP. Still, other commitments and projects now beckon, and I think it's time I gave them priority."

"Time to move on," he said.

Sampras said he wished well to all his fellow players on the tour, and that he would follow the results in future with a degree of fascination. He said that he had gained a lot of pleasure from the tour and that its recent administration by "Felix" had been exemplary.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sad to see you go Pete! Thanks for many nice matches! :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sad to hear this news :sad:

All the best to you!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
You'll be missed Pistol Pete! :wavey:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it's a bit sad that Pete has retired. But I'm still managing Anastasia Myskina in the IWA tour. I'm cuttting down ruthlessly on a few things but not ruthlessly enough to give up these games completely. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts