Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good looking strokes, you move your feet well too. I like the backhand a bit more than the f/h though, I'm no expert by any means but it all looks pretty good to me

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You posted the first set of decent strokes I've seen on this subforum. Refreshingly, you're not trying to bash the ball and simply hitting smooth full strokes. I'd move the feet a little more on your backhand so you're not taking a giant step towards short balls. You should post a video of your serves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post a video of an actual game when I'll have one. I'm also curious watching myself play.

I can hit heavy spin and fast balls with my forehand, but not with my backhand. I kind of lack power. Probably should bend my knees and move more. People say I'm pretty static. Is my swing too short, should I snap my wrist even more?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'll post a video of an actual game when I'll have one. I'm also curious watching myself play.

I can hit heavy spin and fast balls with my forehand, but not with my backhand. I kind of lack power. Probably should bend my knees and move more. People say I'm pretty static. Is my swing too short, should I snap my wrist even more?
I don't know what you mean by "snap your wrist even more" but don't do it. In tennis, any wrist movement (snap, bend, pronation, etc) is a natural result of the swing and not a conscious movement done by the player. If you want more spin on your backhand, play with a looser wrist (relax your left arm which is the dominant arm on a right-handed player's backhand). Also you'll need to brush up on the ball so you'll need to change your swing path, starting a little lower and finishing a little higher - the right knee-bend will help, as will not lunging on that final step to short balls.

I don't think your swing is too short, but if you feel it is, then incorporate a better shoulder turn. Again a swing should be 100% natural. Watch Serena Williams' strokes -- she has classic ones -- and her early preparations, specially that shoulder turn.

·
Your visions will happen
48,652 Posts
Great stuff!

I'd like to see more knee bend and more explosion from the legs

Maybe juuuuust a bit of wrist for the BH if you want more spin

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
You have a very nice stroke and technique.

Like Groove said, you should use your legs a bit more to increase the power and should try to push forward a bit more. It should help give you a bit more power, especially on your BH if you say you are lacking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts