Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Of course, if Andy had stretched Nole to five sets at RG, common sense tells he should beat Nole at Wimby considering he won Queens, recently, being a better player on grass than on clay, and having beat Nole in straight sets in 2013 Wimby final.

To me, personally, Murray is the first favorite, Nole the second favorite to win Wimby, before the tournament started.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Probably the only thing I'd agree with Mugenroe nowadays, that old bastard.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Kind of too early for serious predictions (but Johnny Mac gets paid for it so whatever),
here and now I'd say:
Nole 35%, Andy 30%, Fed 25%, Stan 10%, Rest 0%.

·
Registered
645 Posts
if Novak gets to the finals... the way his return is working, nothing is certain.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm a huge Murray fan...he's winning no slam based on his service today sadly.

Djoko looking far from good right now though to be fair.

Fed's looking the best bet right now in these (somewhat crazy) eyes.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
But being broken by a 36 year old Karlovic, and then facing break points again it's a bit worrying.
Federers nearly 34. And Federer is playing really well so why cant Karlovic at 36? Agassi made the USO final at 35.

And with that serve he has and the power of his returns. Virtually everyone in the draw would have lost today. Murray played really, really well I'm telling you...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm sure the other great expert Wilander would agree as well. However, matches are won on court, not in the fantasies of media talking heads. Not saying Novak will even reach the final but if Murray won against him every time he was favoured by said experts, their slam count and H2H would have been reversed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts