Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ferrero fought and fought but it wasn't enough... he just kept trying, he was such a warrior on court today. props to him, bigtime :yeah: :yeah:

at one point he hit a 146 km/h forehand :lol:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
ferrero was unlucky to be broken in his 5th service game.

From the moment he lost the first set, we all knew the match was going to end in just a few minutes.

·
Your visions will happen
48,549 Posts
Nadal at his best here.

JCF brought a stick to a gunfight

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Nadal, still in neutral.

·
Registered
32,165 Posts
It was a good and high quality match.I havent seen Ferrero so good for ages,but he still couldnt do anything serious against Nadal.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
5 games :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
At no point did I doubt Rafa would win, but I have to give some major credit to Juanqui. If he played like that (not the bad errors, but the great points) all the time....but I guess that's too much to ask for at this stage of the game. It was good to see some fight in him. And that 146 km/h forehand from Hell.... :eek:

I always get the sense that, for Rafa, playing friends is the equivalent of Chinese water torture. Win or lose the point, he looks so miserable. :lol: Consciously or unconsciously, I think he takes his foot off the gas sometimes.

Ferrer will be very tough. The fact that he presents some match-up problems for Rafa aside, he will certainly be the fresher of the two. With Rafa having played this match and the doubles to come. I'm hoping for a quick out there, so he can rest up for tomorrow.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Nice attempt from Juanqui... but to no avail, of course. Rafa is a monster right now, and I don't see anyone stopping him for the coming months.

·
Registered
192 Posts
damn good match. jcf played great tennis and really battled til the end, but the level of tennis he had to play to win each point off nadal was just ridiculous.

·
Your visions will happen
48,549 Posts

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Nadal, still in neutral.
I don't think so. He has started this clay season very well, he is already in good form I think. Yes he has and will play better but he is above what I would call average clay court form for him. Ferrero played well from what I saw of this match and won 5 games. Good fighting but Nadal just too good and by a long way.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts