Federer defeats Monfils 6-3 6-4

glad to have a solid performance.

and improved play from Roger. :)

Reactions: NYCtennisfan

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
What a screwed winning percentage on 1st vs. 2nd serves... :eek:

Again, 0 aces for Federer. Maybe it was still down to Monfils that Ivo was unable to hit an ace the previous round. That's twice in a row that good servers were reduced to rather low percentages...

·
Registered
920 Posts
easy boring match. anyways, why was Fed and Monfis smiling near the end? I couldn't see and they didn't show a replay. Federer came up with some lucky shot or something right? but what happened exactly

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
monfils' hair looks ridiculous. he must've left his fist-pumping temper along with his solid haircut at the barbershop. dull display by the frenchman, no problem for roger.

if monfils doesn't get fired up during matches, he's worth nothing.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Hehe, usually theres three threads open like a second after the winning ball hits the ground.

Anyway, I thought Federer played good, better than yesterday atleast. I hope he his form is getting better throughout the tournament.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
easy boring match. anyways, why was Fed and Monfis smiling near the end? I couldn't see and they didn't show a replay. Federer came up with some lucky shot or something right? but what happened exactly
Monfils hit a fh wide out. ;)

Hehe, usually theres three threads open like a second after the winning ball hits the ground.
exactly, I even waited 1 or 2 minutes :x

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Re: Federer defeats Monfils 6-3 6-4

some stats for fed:

STATS
======
63% 1st serves in
0 Aces
0 DF
61% 1st serve pts won
81% 2nd
16 Winners
21 UEs
3/8 BPs won
0/1 BPs saved

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm glad Fed's done it the easy way.:)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
hehe good win ROGI, keep it up and kick the piggy ass in the final ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Federer seemed to be OK, didn't depend on his serve at all, that's really a good sign I guess.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Monfils was playing 2 miles behind the baseline as usual, hitting as hard as he could, Federer missed some shots but not as many as yesterday and that's it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Anyone know what happened in Monfils' last service game where they were both laughing about Monfils' shot? I was watching the MSTV feed, but the computer I was using is slow and I had to have it on a low resolution and couldn't see the ball half the time. From what I could make out, it just looked like a down the line winner.

Edit: NM, I see it's been answered.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts