Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ollie was up 4-2* in the first and then lost 7 games in a row. Slow start but afterwards very good match for David.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
MC R2: Nalbandian def. Rochus 6-4, 6-3

fat dave 3/11 on break points :haha:

would be nice if soderling advances to R3, rematch of epic DC encounter on clay a week ago :yeah:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Nalby, keeping going until you meet JesusFed:p

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
The backhand from David on match point was lovely.
I only saw the 2nd set, but I liked what I was seeing from him.
He will face either Soderling or Robredo in the 3rd round.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
well done David!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oli :hug:

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
I was :scared: while watching the 1st set...thankfully Nalbo did his best to revert the situation...too bad I could not watch that part of the match :rolleyes:

Vamos Nalbo!! :rocker:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Nalby will beat this monofed easily.
Sure he will...Nalby does nothing easy and trust me, Fed will be there when they play. Rivals usually bring out the best in eachother. I just want to see him get through his next match and worry about Roger when he gets there.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Sure he will...Nalby does nothing easy and trust me, Fed will be there when they play. Rivals usually bring out the best in eachother. I just want to see him get through his next match and worry about Roger when he gets there.
Exactly, the guy just can't live without drama. But the second set was impressive. he made Ollie run like about 20 km in a few games (left line, right line, left line, right line,left line, right line, left line, right line...) Who can stand against him when he plays like that, a new athlete bread: a marathon-sprinter ?!

P.S Too bad he can't produce that on constant basis. :sad:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very convincing display from Dave from about halfway into the first set onwards. He was hitting his groundstrokes with purpose, no filler shots to keep the rally going at all. Fiendish angles and good point construction. Even the customary out-of-the blue netted shots he tends to hit were few and far between.

Rochus had often difficulties dictating the play on most points and was forced to retrieve those angled mid-court stretchers for a full work-out's worth. Good showing from Still Fat Dave and he seems to be rouding into good enough clay form. It's almost like the good old God of Angles and Forced Errors is back. :)

Robredo has a bit more punch in his shots and should not be reduced to running around the backcourt this consistently. We'll see soon.

·
Registered
702 Posts
congrats nalby! keep it up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts