Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Struggling in the first set against Lalo on clay? :eek: Second was better (if you don't mention that choke at *5-2 when serving for the match), but overall I wasn't impressed at all. He is going to lose against Pipo if he doesn't change his tactics. I wonder is he even listening Coretja at all ?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Beast beat Beauty huh? I wonder, is it possible to support a player without actually liking them? Cos that's how I feel about dear old Andy. If he doesn't lose to Volandri next round Djokovic will cut him down to size.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
I disagree I thought it was a good first match on clay for him. Nothing spectacular but solid stuff.

He needs to be more agressive on the
1st serve return though. The guy was almost in the stands to return some of those.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I disagree I thought it was a good first match on clay for him. Nothing spectacular but solid stuff.

1st serve return though. The guy was almost in the stands to return some of those.
I agree:clap2:.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Beast beat Beauty huh? I wonder, is it possible to support a player without actually liking them? Cos that's how I feel about dear old Andy. If he doesn't lose to Volandri next round Djokovic will cut him down to size.
fuck u. i know u are a murray's hater. u like his brother but u hate andy. u should be ashame of yourself for living in great britain.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
fuck u. i know u are a murray's hater. u like his brother but u hate andy. u should be ashame of yourself for living in great britain.
What's wrong with that?

Reactions: Cat123

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thinking the same. Why was he 10 meters behind baseline on 1st serve ? He couldn't even reach the net in those 1 st serve ROS a numerous times. Was that something that Alex sugested? With Pippo's "drop shot" serve he won't be able even to get to the ball in time.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I thought it was solid for Murray given that clay is by far his weakest surface and he barely has any ATP level clay wins at all. Good job he can build on this.

·
Registered
691 Posts
:lol: And? I see nothing wrong with disliking someone I've never met. Just because I like Jamie doesn't mean I have to love the whole family. And I'm a she. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Thinking the same. Why was he 10 meters behind baseline on 1st serve ? He couldn't even reach the net in those 1 st serve ROS a numerous times. Was that something that Alex sugested? With Pippo's "drop shot" serve he won't be able even to get to the ball in time.
Yeah but why do you assume he will receive at the same spot against that serve? :confused:

If you didn't notice, Lopez has one of stronger and nastier serves on the tour. I bet he's gonna come much closer to the baseline vs. Pippo.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah but why do you assume he will receive at the same spot against that serve? :confused:

If you didn't notice, Lopez has one of stronger and nastier serves on the tour. I bet he's gonna come much closer to the baseline vs. Pippo.
I don't assume, it will be suicide if he does that and thats what i said. And Lopez is not that good server on clay , and his first ones are flat and doesn't bounce high so you don't need to go that far behind baseline, most of the times Andy was leaning forward to reach them.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Yeah I deleted it, anyway that guy is an idiot, i live in britain and i hate murray, but i quite like his brother, and his mother is just a mother, she knows nothing about tennis. She is coming to my club soon.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Yeah I deleted it, anyway that guy is an idiot, i live in britain and i hate murray, but i quite like his brother, and his mother is just a mother, she knows nothing about tennis. She is coming to my club soon.
Yeah, his brother seems to be a great guy. Always smiling, which is nice. Shame he's not a good singles player.

·
Registered
691 Posts
:lol: thanks.

For the record, I don't 'hate' Murray. I don't hate anyone. I don't like his on court persona, that's all. He's not my kind of player. Though I support him because he's British (unless he's playing one of the players in my sig ;) )

1 - 20 of 57 Posts