Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there have been some times when, at work, I've doubted the efficiency of what I was doing. Or more precisely, the aim of all I had to do, constantly, even if I didn't feel like, at times. But I just received some kind of evidence that all I do may not be useless, after all. I just got a call, from a former student. He left school 7 years ago. I won't enter the details, but let's say we often had confrontations, him and me. And when he left, we weren't really in good terms. But I can deny there was a tie, yet, don't misunderstand me. The kind of tie that can exist between an adult and a teenager, searching for himself....committing mistakes. Nothing else. He called today, because he wanted to tell me he had finally got out of his dark period. And he wanted me to know about it. He told me about his job, his girlfriend and all that was slowly taking place in his new life. I wonder how many ppl he felt the need to call to tell them about that. But all I can say is that I feel pretty proud he picked me. Because that means I have had some impact on him, and not only at the time he was a student.

G

·
It is great what you do Choupi. And I'm sure there are many students you have had an impact on whether they ever tell you that or not :hug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts