Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we hear a lot about Rafa winning 18 or 19 slams or Roger winning one more or Margaret Court's record. In your opinion, what is going to be the record for most slam one by one player in let's say 100 or 200 years? Do you put any limit on it? Is there any number that you think people won't be able to match? We are talking about the men's game and not WTA. Those guys already have a couple over 20.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Forget about slams? Will "Sheeple" be playing tennis at that time. :lol:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
lol

What is this topic?

Yes, guys, let's estimate the number of slams player's will be winning, at most, in over 2 centuries time from now. Despite the fact we won't be alive to give a flying fuck about it, let's do that.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol

What is this topic?

Yes, guys, let's estimate the number of slams player's will be winning, at most, in over 2 centuries time from now. Despite the fact we won't be alive to give a flying fuck about it, let's do that.
I am just curious. Could've phrased the question better. Meant to say ... what do you think is the magic number that no one will be able to match. We already know Rafa can match 17. 20? 25? Something reasonable that will be almost impossible to reach

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I intend to be there at that time ... not sure MTF will be here though. lol

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
There's quite a lot of factors that may have changed between now and then. They may have brought in a restriction on the sort of strings that can be used in tennis. Racquet;s may be different, balls may be different, I believe orientals will one day dominate the tennis scene and they are extraordinary hardworkers, so who knows?

Remember, Nadal was born in a clay-tennis-test-tube, the dude is a mechanically formed Spanish tennis product... it's rare there'll ever be someone that goes through that exact process of development to form into the type of relentless half animal, half machine... he did. May be he'll be churned out again by the Spanish, as they are very attention to detail, altho the way he had his uncle bring him up on that island may have also been a magic ingredient that isn't replicable, who knows? There won't be many Federer's around again, that much I am sure of, quite possibly a Nadal machine tho.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
You can't get the answer, as we don't now how long will careers last in future tennis and will there be a lion surrounded by mugs kind of era.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Sheepie will still be here, talking about Rafa 24/7 as usual :lol:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's quite a lot of factors that may have changed between now and then. They may have brought in a restriction on the sort of strings that can be used in tennis. Racquet;s may be different, balls may be different, I believe orientals will one day dominate the tennis scene and they are extraordinary hardworkers, so who knows?

Remember, Nadal was born in a clay-tennis-test-tube, the dude is mechanically formed Spanish tennis product... it's rare there'll ever be someone that goes through that exact process of development to form into the type of relentless half animal, half machine... he did. May be he'll be churned out again by the Spanish, as they are very attention to detail, altho the way he had his uncle bring him up on that island may have also been a magic ingredient that isn't replicable, who knows? There won't be many Federer's around again, that much I am sure of, quite possibly a Nadal machine tho.
I have already posted about the idea of augmented tennis. I think it could happen. With players haveing HUDs that show them info on spins and things like that. More like coaching but without a coach. I think we could have computerized surfaces with all kinds of sensors and much more advanced racquets. Still, someone dominating and winning let's say 25 slams will still be difficult considering the type of sport tennis is

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sheepie will still be here, talking about Rafa 24/7 as usual :lol:
Nice try. This thread is not about Rafa. None of my recent threads are. It's about the future and the max # of slams a player could possibly, reasonably win. The only reason I even mentioned Rafa is because most of you would attack if I say Fed has the record and not mention the guy who is supposed to beat it. Go on trolling. How many threads are you going to derail with your drivel?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
People will gradually evolve into cyborgs and maybe they won't even have physical bodies anymore, living in virtual reality in 100 years. Tennis will probably no longer exist in a recognizable form well before that time.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
30 is doable imo
What's the max number of grand slam finals achieved in the open era? I forgot. I guess the max would be around that. Someone winning every single slam final they reach

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
My guess is 25.
26 would be 6 years with 3 slams and 4 years with 2 slams ... that's ludicruous

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My guess is 25.
26 would be 6 years with 3 slams and 4 years with 2 slams ... that's ludicruous
What's the record for the max # of finals reached? I suppose that would be the # we are looking for, right?

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
So we hear a lot about Rafa winning 18 or 19 slams or Roger winning one more or Margaret Court's record. In your opinion, what is going to be the record for most slam one by one player in let's say 100 or 200 years? Do you put any limit on it? Is there any number that you think people won't be able to match? We are talking about the men's game and not WTA. Those guys already have a couple over 20.
30 if they introduce the fifth slam and sped the courts up or make it BO3 the first week and 5th set tie-break everywhere.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts