Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
I think Max will continue to play for Belarus. This was discussed in the "Who's your favorite American player?" thread. He's been a US citizen for over a year but will not be eligible for DC play for a few more years.

I don't think we have any reason to believe he WON'T continue to play for his native country.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I'm sorry. But if you change your citizenship, you shouldn't still be able to play for the country you used to be a citizen of. That's bogus! And if Max Mirnyi is now an American citizen, then Belarus should say goodbye to Max! :eek: Bye Max!

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
the cat said:
I'm sorry. But if you change your citizenship, you shouldn't still be able to play for the country you used to be a citizen of. That's bogus! And if Max Mirnyi is now an American citizen, then Belarus should say goodbye to Max! :eek: Bye Max!
CAT!! :eek:

That's so cruel! Do you know how many tennis players claim Monte Carlo, Monaco as their residence?!

Max has been living off and on in the US since he was about 14, so he might as well go for dual citizenship. Who are you to deny him such a right? :(

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
he is from Belarus, he looks like a belarussian, he speaks belarussian (wrong spelling?) he grew up in belarus. why the hell he needs to play for USA????
he hasn't the political pretexts as Navratilova or Lendl.
Another Seles???
:fiery:

·
Registered
113 Posts
the cat said:
I'm sorry. But if you change your citizenship, you shouldn't still be able to play for the country you used to be a citizen of.
He didn't CHANGE his citizenship, he merely added one. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember reading that he renounced his former citizenship.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Does anyone remember a pissed off Haas saying he might play of the USA a while back? He clearly got over it :p But it was something at the time of mention...

I recall someone posting at the time, that it was mighty arrogant of Haas to think he'd even make the cut for the America team - *snort* isn't that hilarious? :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts