Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
PHM produces comeback of the year to defeat Canas 4-6 7-5 6-0!

PHM trailed 4-6 *0-4 30-40 2nd serve.

Astonishing effort :worship: sadly I didn't see the match but I hear he played out of this world and Canas struggled with an injury towards the end.

Great for Paulo to finally be on the other side of one of these matches :D

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Wow - in the first set Canas pretty much had things his own way - Paulo was fighting but being worsted pretty much every time. Stayed close but Canas's one break was enough. He went 4-0 in the second and looked to be coasting, Paulo looked fed up and rattled and unable to muster up anything. Then he suddenly went on a rampage, swinging freely, getting aggressive and confident, and broke back, broke back again and got back to 4-4. He continued to play some outstanding, jaw-dropping tennis and Canas looked pushed back and a bit shell-shocked, couldn't go with it. Paulo managed to keep up this new high level and took the set 7-5 - I still don't think Canas knows how. Paulo raced away with the final set, reaching 5-0 and leaving an increasingly frustrated Canas for dead. Something just seemed to click in Paulo's head and this absolutely incredible form came out of him and stayed with him right until the end.

Amazing stuff, just truly mindblowing that Canas lead 64 40 and then won 1 more game.

I can't believe it actually.

Paulo - that was AMAZING.

Just the most improbable win he has ever pulled off - and...wow.

Fantastic for him.

But Willy!!! - What happened? Couldn't match it - why?

Respect to Paulo - that was magnificent from him.

46 75 60

WOW

B

·
0 Posts
Re: PHM produces comeback of the year to defeat Canas 4-6 7-5 6-0!

PHM trailed 4-6 *0-4 30-40 2nd serve.

Astonishing effort :worship: sadly I didn't see the match but I hear he played out of this world and Canas struggled with an injury towards the end.

Great for Paulo to finally be on the other side of one of these matches :D
Do you still remember their match in the French Open in 2005?

·
Banned
42,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

WTF? My thread was the first, why changing to that title? I'd never write that girly stuff.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

:eek: :eek: Outstanding come back! :worship:

PHM is a sensational player when he's on. He surely was in the last half. Marvellous shot making!!

1 - 20 of 143 Posts