Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
er Colstrup Vinkel @Pervinkel
Huge problems with matchfixing at Danish ITF-events. #tennis #matchfixing #itf #politiken #tennisdk #atpworldtour pic.twitter.com/pzIhFLttdz

http://jyllands-posten.dk/sport/andensport/tennis/ECE6908466/matchfixing-forsoeg-rammer-danske-tennisturneringer?ref=lokalavisen

Matchfixing-forsøg rammer danske tennisturneringer
Ifølge Politiken er op mod 20 spillere blevet tilbudt penge af matchfixere under turneringer i Danmark.
Forsøg på matchfixing har været et stort problem ved de seneste ugers internationale tennisturneringer i Aarhus og København, skriver Politiken.

Avisen erfarer, at op mod 20 spillere er blevet tilbudt et beløb, typisk 30.000 kroner, af matchfixere for at tabe et sæt eller en kamp med vilje.

Matchfixerne henvender sig blandt andet til spillerne per sms og telefonopkald eller via Facebook.

Bekymret forbund

Ifølge avisen er problemet blevet meget større siden sidste år. Det skaber bekymring i Dansk Tennis Forbund (DTF).

- At problemet er så stort i de små turneringer, tyder på en eskalering af problemet.

- Jeg føler mig fortrøstningsfuld over for, at vi i DTF, DIF (Danmarks Idrætsforbund) og de internationale tennisorganisationer har fokus på problemet, siger Sune Irgens Alenkær, direktør i Dansk Tennis Forbund, til Politiken.

- Der ligger en stor udfordring foran os med at undgå, at sporten tager skade af disse matchfixere. De agerer globalt, hvilket gør, at vi skal operere på tværs af landegrænser i vores arbejde med at bekæmpe syndikaterne, siger Sune Irgens Alenkær.

Instruerer spillere

Dansk Tennis Forbund har lørdag lagt en artikel på sin hjemmeside, hvor emnet med matchfixing berøres.

Her bliver spillerne instrueret i, hvordan de skal agere, hvis de bliver tilbudt penge af matchfixere under turneringerne.

Match-fixing trial frames Danish tennis tournaments
According to Politiken is up to 20 players were offered money by matchfixere during tournaments in Denmark.
Attempts match-fixing has been a major problem in recent weeks international tennis tournaments in Aarhus and Copenhagen newspaper Politiken.

The newspaper learned that up to 20 players have been offered an amount typically 30,000 crowns of matchfixere to lose a set or match on purpose.

Matchfixerne is aimed among other things to the players by text message and phone call or via Facebook.

worried federal

According to the paper, the problem has become much bigger since last year. It is a concern of the Danish Tennis Federation (DTF).

- The problem is so big in the small tournaments, suggesting an escalation of the problem.

- I feel confident about that we DTF, DIF (DIF) and the international tennis organizations have focused on the problem, says Sune Irgens Alenkær, director of the Danish Tennis Federation, Politiken.

- There is a big challenge in front of us avoid that sport damaged by matchfixere. They act globally, which means that we must operate across borders in our efforts to combat syndicates, says Sune Irgens Alenkær.

instruct players

Danish Tennis Federation has Saturday put an article on its website, where the subject of match-fixing affected.

Here, players are instructed on how to act if they are offered money by matchfixere during the tournaments.

·
Your visions will happen
47,129 Posts
Increase the prize money

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Don't worry, the TIU will get into it and conclude that there is nothing going on.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Martin Pedersen (Denmark) reached the final in ITF Copenhagen.

Last year he lost the final 4-6 5-7 to Markus Eriksson (Sweden).

This year he won 6-2 6-2 [2nd round] against seed [3] Markus Eriksson.

I was surprised how easy the swede lost [1.40 fav at start of match]

Knowing that M. Pedersen played only Copenhagen ITF (2013, 2014) and Davis Cup matches since 2011.

Without match practice he should have problems winning matches.

4-2* up with break in first set [against Eriksson] - Pedersen was 1.53 to win.

Is Pedersen retired or what? He's only 27 and his career high was 344 [12.05.2008]

Today he def. [7] F. de Paula [6-4 6-3]and reached another final in Copenhagen ITF. [his hometown tournament]

Pedersen could be playing well here,

also his opponents may not try their best.

Not much pressure on return from his opponents.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was reading a blog a few weeks ago of someone who's probably worked as live trader at 365 he said would recognize way too many of these situations in ITF

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
well its really difficult going against matchfixing on futures tour considering how little money they earn. many futures player earn more from betting than from playing futures...they should stop that, because this is becoming bigger and bigger on futures tour...

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
while CHs and Futures need a prize money increase they should also do something more in terms of investigations and stuff like that to prevent it and finally getting some big fish caught too would be quite a warning. it's not too difficult to identify a few of the fixed that took place this year at CHs and main tour.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
its very difficult in the futures tour. players usually know each other and they would hide their mates

·
Registered
332 Posts
The smarter bookies will eventually not take bets on any minor circuit sports or at least have a cap on the amount of bets like they do with scripted events like WWE wrestling.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Integrity unit has to work in close contact with high street bookies and the only two books that have live offers for these events, it's not that difficult really. I'm sure the books themselves send pleny of alerts to the authorities but nothing happens.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts