Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matches that did not have a great consistency but more than a few 'special' points look very good in highlights. Some that I recall are
1. Djokovic Murray 2013 AO Final
2. Fedal AO 2017 Final (Though it had that special Fedal factor which made it worth a watch - the quality wasn't that high)

And the opposite - matches that didn't really have standout points and seem OKish on highlights but were very entertaining and high quality throughout.

1. Djokovic Federer Wimbledon 2015 Final
2. Djokovic Murray 2017 Doha Final

Additions?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
RG 2008 Final comes to mind

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
2017 Doha also looks great highlight wise.

Anyway this thread feels way too random/subjective for me to put a sensible list here lol.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2017 Doha also looks great highlight wise.

Anyway this thread feels way too random/subjective for me to put a sensible list here lol.
I thought that the highlights, even the longer ones, weren't able to carry the story that the match carried. Amazing comeback by Murray and relentless intensity from Novak.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
AO 2017 is by far the most overrated match of all time. They never played well at the same time. Rafa had no legs while Fraud was gifting sets. That match was la 4.5/10 at best.

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
Ferrer-Tipsarevic USO didn't have tons of highlights but was one of the best matches I've ever seen.
Nadal-del Potro this year had lots of highlights but was largely garbage for 4/5 sets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts