Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Who cares, it's Gasquet. If Djokovic played with full focus, he could have triple-bagelled yesterday.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Who cares, it's Gasquet. If Djokovic played with full focus, he could have triple-bagelled yesterday.
Exactly, it almost was like a practice session for Novak. He trained his dropshot to the point where he got booed for overusing it. He wants to be sharp on that particular shot for the Rafa match tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
that was one of those matches where as a player you have to say to yourself "At least I'm a millionaire and have a model GF", because otherwise you'd have to retire and drown yourself in the Seine. I was seriously worried about Richard yesterday, he looked suicidal out there.

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
Wow, it actually was his hardest loss at a Grand Slam (won the least games).

Galactic Emperor Nole reigning supreme this year.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Good. He deserved a beat up by No1e. That will teach him to keep his mouth shut.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
What Djokovic said about the match:

http://www.b92.net/sport/rolandgarros2015/vesti.php?yyyy=2015&mm=06&dd=01&nav_id=999291 (in Serbian)

approximative translation (based on google translate):

The first three games lasted longer than twenty minutes , I think that I managed to break his resistance, especially physically - he is not ready physically, plays more to his talent and the skill in his shots. Also, two long matches meant that he was not too fresh . After this third game things came into place, he withdrew and began to make mistakes, and I raised the level of the game. I was very solid from the baseline, I didn't give him the opportunity to anticipate my shots.

Djokovic clearly explained that Gasquet was not up for the task physically. His prowess as an athlete is not good enough to challenge the top dogs, translates to easy wins for them.

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
Gasquet has a history of dismal failure

I remember that choke vs. Murray at Wimbledon 08 (?)

What a mug

·
Registered
690 Posts
Exactly, it almost was like a practice session for Novak. He trained his dropshot to the point where he got booed for overusing it. He wants to be sharp on that particular shot for the Rafa match tomorrow.
He trained many things, the moonball while being attacked, the very short angle return on the Ad's side. Nadal loves to go wide there (ask sock) and Djokovic cannot just go deep CC there, since it opens up an easy FH DTL winner route to Nadal. He was angling that shot very, very well.

Also, he was much more aggressive that he needed to be against Gasquet on FH CC rally and committed some UEs there on BPs. He knows he needs to pull Nadal wide so then he can attack Nadal's FH.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts