Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are not a lot of resources online to find comprehensive match stats for non slam matches. I was thinking it would be great if there was a dedicated thread for collecting match stats. For instance, the stats I see at ATP.com for the Halle and Queens matches do not include winners and errors but certainly that information is available somewhere. I've seen plenty of screen shots of match stats that users here have posted in results threads in the past but those threads just fade into internet obscurity. How great would it be to have one thread where you can search for stats from smaller level matches without having to wade through hundreds of posts and useless sites.

I can't be the only person that gets curious about stats for matches recent and old. Having a thread for match stats may also increase new traffic to MTF from people searching for stats. Unfortunately I only have internet access through my mobile so I miss a lot of matches and don't get to take screen shots of match stats, so the most I can offer is the idea of the thread and leave it to stats enthusiasts to implement it. For searchability, I was thinking each stats post should have the players' names, event and year in the post along with the screen shot or typed out stats.

Is this a good idea? Waste of thread space? An already tried and failed idea?

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
I personally couldn't care less about stats as they are most of the time misleading.
But would be nice to collect them at one place so stats nuts can share them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts