Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which match?

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had a good amount of quality matches this year, which was the best?

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
AO final for sure :smoke:

·
Registered
59,035 Posts
AO Federer vs Djokovic
Miami Djokovic vs Nadal
Rome Djokovic vs Murray
RG Ferrer vs Monfils
RG Federer vs Djokovic
USO Fererro vs Monfils
USO Djokovic vs Tipsarevic
USO Federer vs Djokovic
I have to wonder if draw-fixing will change to try and set up Djoko-Fed finals, seems best match-up

·
Registered
27,242 Posts
Why would you make this thread in October? Might as well wait the extra few months when the season is actually over.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
2011 Us open SF: Djokovic vs. Federer(part 2 but same ending :worship: , OMFG Fed you are jus comical :superlol: )

2011 French Open SF: Federer vs. Djokovic (fed was at his best:worship: )

2011 French Open 1st rd: Nadal vs. Isner (first time in history rafa was taken to 5 sets at the French Open, really good stuff)

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Wait to the end of the season.

·
Your visions will happen
48,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
How many more classic matches do you guys think will occur?

Paris the mug 1000? WTF?
Actually i have to agree w/ Action Jackson last year the match between Federer and Nadal in the WTF was to me the best ending to the year of the season, HIGH QUALITY stuff from both but Fed became the GOAT at the end:bowdown:

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Actually i have to agree w/ Action Jackson last year the match between Federer and Nadal in the WTF was to me the best ending to the year of the season, HIGH QUALITY stuff from both but Fed became the GOAT at the end:bowdown:
That match wasn't high quality. Federer served tired Nadal off court. It was a shit match - Mugray vs Nadal SF was one of the best matches of the year with plenty of rallies and good shot making.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
It has to be the Fog for me :worship:. How Montanes lost that match I will never know. For drama that match wins hands down. When it comes to tennis Federer-Djoker matches always deliver. I will pick the their US open one since it was more dramatic.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Fed/Djokovic at Roland Garros was the best match of the year

Ferrero/Monfils was legendary :lol:

Nadal/Verdasco @ Cincy was the mug match of the year

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Nadal-Djokovic - USO final. It's a mystery why it isn't listed.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
For my sanity's sake, I'm going to say RG instead of the US Open.

I've been trying to repress that match...

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Nadal-Dodig was quite an epic, as was Nadal-Murray Tokyo, Nadal-Fish Cinci, and Nadal-Mayer Shanghai, and frankly Nadal-Djokovic any.

He's played a lot of epic matches this year. :haha:

·
Registered
29,222 Posts
Of these, I'd say Fed - Nole @ RG had the highest tennis quality when you take the whole match into perspective. After that I'd probably go with the USO final.

Monty - Fog was hilarious though and I'll never forget it.

·
Registered
14,782 Posts
The Fog/Monty match was just epic. Pretty hard to top. Muzza/Faker Rome probably second, good stuff from what I remember in that.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Any Nadal Djokovic match this year was just insane. It was more than a tennis and was true wars. Have been watching tennis since the 90s and the pure badgering of the tennis balls was only rivaled perhaps by Sampras-Agassi hard court battles.

Like Orka said Fed-Djokovic RG was special,also their SF at US Open. Tennis has truly reached new heights.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts