Mens Tennis Forums banner

What is your pick for the Match of the 2010s Decade?

• [2010 WTF SF] - Nadal vs Murray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [2019 RG R4] - Wawrinka vs Tsitsipas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Votes breakdown, players involved:
Djokovic 84
Nadal 73
Federer 31
Wawrinka 28

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Wimbledon 2019 Final was pretty average level by Novak and even 2013 AO versus Wawa was good level by him but nothing exceptional.

If you ask me,

2011 US Open Semis (Novak v Roger)
One of the finest shot making you will ever see.Both went toe to toe. And how Novak overturned it in sets 3 and 4 is stuff of legends..

2018 Wimbledon Semis(Novak v Rafa)
This match has to be in Top 3.Both players were on their limit for the five sets.No noticeable drop in the level of play.And the number of clutch plays by both was just incredible.

2018 Us open Thiem v Nadal..The Bagel is misleading and almost unjust fully for this match as Thiem was Goating for a set.But both players just gave their all.It was a tennis equivalent of a 12 Round thriller between Boxing Heavyweights.

2011 Us Open Finals..I know the match didn't go to 5 sets and Novak was dominant in the match but some of rallies and retrieving was just out of this world.

A little bit overrated matches because of the drama overshadowing the quality are

Wimbledon 2019 Finals
AO 2013 QF
AO 2012 Finals
RG 2013 Semifinals

·
Registered
668 Posts
FO 13 SF is not overrated in my opinion. Yes Novak's level dropped in the 3rd but the overall quality was very high. The 5th set is one of the highest quality sets ever, the shotmaking was a joke.

Overrated matches due to their drama but actually lacking in quality
Wimbledon F 19 - weird match with low quality for majority of the match
AO F 17 - 5th set made the match, but previous 4 had mediocre quality.
AO SF 19 - Nadal could barely hit his FH for the entire match.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
AO 2012 F, hands down. 6 hours of roasting

61 - 68 of 68 Posts