Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The most important sport newspapers in Spain (Diario Marca) is making a survey to see who is the favourite player to get to the tourney as a WC you can go online and vote for your favourite and of course the one who gets more vote will be one of the WC...It's in spanish but i guess is not so hard there is a big picture and you just choose and hit Votar! here's the link:

http://www.marca.com/tenis/masters_series_madrid_05/encuesta.html

Vote NOW!!!!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Re: WC for Madrid AMS

Except that people can vote repeatedly :p

I voted for Monfils, but only twice :devil:

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

i voted for Gael :worship:

btw tomorrow in Poland we vote for a president ;) so it was a good warm-up

·
Registered
28,276 Posts

Mind you, Monfils is probably going to get a WC into Paris anyways. I didn't think about that when I voted :p

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Chloe le Bopper said:
Mind you, Monfils is probably going to get a WC into Paris anyways. I didn't think about that when I voted :p
It's granted that he'll get one in Paris but you know, he's playing good now and if he goes into the last two AMS of the year that can make a big difference on his ranking...

·
Registered
28,276 Posts

I'm guessing that Blake will win the popularity contest, but I may be mistaken.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

WC for Paris, WC for Madrid... good WC is not bad :p
allez Gael go and take it!

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts

<Lt*Alonso*Cl> said:
:yeah: Massu :lol: :yeah:
:lol: Are you stuffing the ballot box Alonso? ;) Hopefully whomever gets it will deserve it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Chloe le Bopper said:
I'm guessing that Blake will win the popularity contest, but I may be mistaken.
But remember this is a very popular spanish newspaper so i don't think so, spaniards don't like americans that much...I'm guessing is going to be Alberto Martin just because he is spaniard..sounds logical, no?
Thousands of people go to this website everyday it is VERY popular...

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts

Actually one can make a case for any of them to get the WC- they all deserve it in one way or another. It's been made a popularity case however. Something the Madrid organizers seem to like doing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,155 Posts

I can tell you !! Nicolas will get a lot of votes for sure. :lol: I've been voting a lot! 200.... today?? i think :p and yesterday.. i voted like 200 times too

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts

<Lt*Alonso*Cl> said:
I can tell you !! Nicolas will get a lot of votes for sure. :lol: I've been voting a lot! 200.... today?? i think :p and yesterday.. i voted like 200 times too
:lol: Geez wish I could do that in a real election ;)

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts

Chloe le Bopper said:
Well on that theory, don't vote for James either b/c he got into Paris directly :p

·
Registered
26,748 Posts

fenomeno2111 said:
But remember this is a very popular spanish newspaper so i don't think so, spaniards don't like americans that much...I'm guessing is going to be Fernando Martin just because he is spaniard..sounds logical, no?
Thousands of people go to this website everyday it is VERY popular...
:secret: his 1st name is alberto ;)

·
Registered
25,078 Posts

<Lt*Alonso*Cl> said:
The same here Alonso - I voted about 200 times today - and yesterday about 200. ;)

But there's still time left in the day! :crazy: I think I'll get in another 200!

I have no idea who will win - sometimes I think Martin because he's a spaniard but then again while Marca is a popular newspaper in Spain (bought it everyday myself when I was there), its all futbol futbol futbol and 1/2 page of tennis. And from what I got when I was there, I think people there only care about Rafa, Carlos, and JC. James is probably overall the most popular worldwide of the 4, but Americans are not well liked in Spain. Nico will get all the Chileans (and me! lol!) voting hours every day until its done. And Monfils has a lot of fans too.

Of the 4, the only one I will be disappointed in getting it is Martin. There already are 2 spaniards that have WCs, and Martin does not deserve any WC anywhere.

Still think its a stupid way to decide who should get a wildcard but the Madrid tournament is a joke anyway with the models so why not? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

exactly NicoFan. and their attempts to cancel doubles event... i'm ROTFL'ing. and they want to be a serious tournament. oh come on!
WC for Monfils. i voted a couple of times :tape:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts