You are the best!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ;) :kiss:

Just to feel better today, I hope she is having some fun with Sergio.

At the end, who cares about the match??? :D

Martina Hingis is simply the best!!!!!

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go Marti!!!!

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She lost and she got more than 4 threads on the board.

*sigh*

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have A WonderfulDay and enjoy your life :D :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
:) :D :kiss: :bounce:Happy birthday Martina! Have fun...:) :D :kiss: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Happy Birthday, Martina!

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Happy Birtday Martina :) :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Martina Needs More Desire in her Heart

I hear ya Daniel.

I admit - Martina used to wrack my nerves years ago when she would say negative things about my faves - but IMO - she has matured, grown as a person - and has a very different perspective on many things in life just like anyone else does after aging.

All of the players have grown up that are/were her peers. I'm sure the Sisters did things not so flattering to them in the past - yet they too have grown into better people. If the Sisters can move past all that and continue to respect Martina - then who would I be to continue to hold a grudge on their behalf? I enjoy Martina being all up in the mix.

What perplexes me about Martina here lately - and especially since the US Open, is that she hasn't played enough to get match tough. If I'm not mistaken - she said herself after her loss at the Open that she needed to play more in order to get match tough. So my question is - Why hasn't she? I just don't get it.

Today she is quoted as saying that she needs to practice more - so this must mean - she hasn't been practicing like she should have or as much as she should have.

I can't take anything away from her opponent though - because she is used to the carpet and is the fire-plug type. And from what I've read - she kept the pressure on Martina by hitting the balls in the corners. Martina could not chase most of them down - because they were just too good – and not so much that her foot speed is a tad slower IMO - although perhaps that too was a factor.

I still feel Martina has the goods to become and stay a solid player - but she has to beef up her serve - and just go for it. And when she can - she should come into the net more. Coming into the net is sort of hard to do though if one doesn't get those kinds of plays (short balls).

Her dedication to the game is not where it used to be IMO - and she has to find the desire within, to get it back. Her fans can hope all she gets it back - but ultimately - she has to want it back more than just a little bit.

Again - I think she just needs to get match tough if she wants to compete at a high level. She needs to continue practicing w/Jen & Justine down there at Saddlebrook - and they should go into the practice as if they were playing a real match.

Keep hope for your girl alive Dan, and mayhap - she will get that fire back. Needless to say - she was not dictating play in her match yesterday. Imo - that is what she needs to do to continue to have equality and/or the advantage over players she should compete better against.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice words Gogogirl. It is glad to know people appreciate and like Martina hingis :D :D

*passing you some beer* :D *cheers* ;)

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
indeed :D

Vamos MArtina

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Marti u r the best :D :D