Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Humbert played confident attacking tennis from start to finish, a wonderful performance and result for the young Frenchman :thumbsup:

Coric was playing his second tournament of the year and it showed :eek: Was extremely rusty early on and rather fortunate not to go down a double break in the first set.

Humbert faces Bachinger next and has a great opportunity to go far in this tournament - hope he reaches the final from this half :angel:

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
New low for Coric

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Humbert played confident attacking tennis from start to finish, a wonderful performance and result for the young Frenchman :thumbsup:

Coric was playing his second tournament of the year and it showed :eek: Was extremely rusty early on and rather fortunate not to go down a double break in the first set.

Humbert faces Bachinger next and has a great opportunity to go far in this tournament - hope he reaches the final from this half :angel:
French continued tradition of more rounded fast court players ? Just asking . Never saw Ugo

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
lul Coric what a clown :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the closest he ever comes to a slam final is if you replace his c with an a

and this mug some think will be the next big thing

says it all about the nextgen movement if their perhaps biggest prospect wins 6 points against a guy who is barely top75

humbert isn't much better will go out next round against the age 30+ German

·
Registered
9 Posts
Expected this one honestly.
Humbert - nice, but pretty one-dimensional tennis to me: good serve, decent shots and the net game is here. Herbert-type player. Was good enough to beat Coric today. What I'm worrying about is that Coric didn't try to vary the tempo of his game. Didn't feel the ball very well. Probably wasn't even interested in winning here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
lul Coric what a clown :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the closest he ever comes to a slam final is if you replace his c with an a

and this mug some think will be the next big thing

says it all about the nextgen movement if their perhaps biggest prospect wins 6 points against a guy who is barely top75

humbert isn't much better will go out next round against the age 30+ German
where is the anger coming from lol.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
French continued tradition of more rounded fast court players ? Just asking . Never saw Ugo
Haven't seen that much of him to be honest but I'd say Humbert is less of a 'cookie cutter' NextGen player. Plays lefty, good serve and solid off the ground, looks to attack when able, has nice touch at the net and good mentality.

He was actually going to S&V down a BP in this match (can't remember when exactly) but a let was called and he served an ace down the middle instead that left Coric completely flatfooted. Also hit some fantastic volleys while outlasting the Croat in most rallies.

I'll leave a more technical analysis of his game to others, but I think Humbert is your kind of player @hammett and I'm certainly a fan of his now :yeah:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Haven't seen that much of him to be honest but I'd say Humbert is less of a 'cookie cutter' NextGen player. Plays lefty, good serve and solid off the ground, looks to attack when able, has nice touch at the net and good mentality.

He was actually going to S&V down a BP in this match (can't remember when exactly) but a let was called and he served an ace down the middle instead that left Coric completely flatfooted. Also hit some fantastic volleys while outlasting the Croat in most rallies.

I'll leave a more technical analysis of his game to others, but I think Humbert is your kind of player @hammett and I'm certainly a fan of his now :yeah:
That's all I wanted to hear about. A general approach to the game . Thanks ! Seems fresh for next gen . I'll be checking him out

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Coric was overrated to begin with, so results like this are not much of a surprise.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts