Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very impressive of Medvedev to beat the MTOAT from a set down. Probably his best career win. s/

Medvedev found his game in the 2nd set.

Sinner meanwhile stopped moving a bit in the 3rd set, didn't bend his knees anymore and so a lot of balls just went long.

Medvedev grinds you down and lulls you in with that soaking pressure and depth, but still, Sinner wasn't very good anymore and stopped creating angles, going for width.

Still, you could see at full potential he even had the upper hand in BH2BH rallies.

Out of pure necessesity and nature of the situation, Medvedev played without thinking which brought upon his best tennis again.

Good for him.

May Sinner finally get a simpler draw next tournament.

Reactions: The Federest

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Amazing how quick the tables turned. Medvedev looked lost under the onslaught of Sinner's potent attacking, but as soon as Sinner gave him room to breathe at the start of the second set, suddenly found his trademark great defensive depth, breaking Jannik in a rally-heavy game, and continued to place balls with precision. No longer able to hit through Mad, Sinner gradually lost focus and melted away in a flurry of errors.

Mature comeback from Daniil, reminding us how he got that far. The sinful one should keep the first set in mind as the blueprint of how he ought to play best. The world is his oyster if he can stay on track.

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
daniil was at his worst and bitchiest in that first set.nothing was working and he was complaining at everything. constant bitching. but its like being bread sticked by sinner pissed him off and woke him up. the last 2 sets were peak medvedev and there was really nothing sinner could do.

·
Registered
17,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
it seems that the NextGen vs Y2K Gen rivalry scorelines will be WTA-like in the future, unlike Gen-U vs NextGen scorelines which are more interesting.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Happy that medvedev won, if he already lost to sinner while sinner is still 18 and developing... That was the best he played in quite a while.
Sinner already pushing established top players is a good sign for him and it shows what he will do when he gets used to play top guys and polish his game a bit. Sinner will be ready to win a title by next year, maybe even this year.

Reactions: The Federest

·
Registered
664 Posts
There's no doubting Sinners talent. He has the full deck but also a rather dull and unattractive personality. Kyle Edmund springs to mind. Not comparing the two players tennis-wise at all.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Sinner going from god mode to a dumbass kid (I am saying this with love, really) who doesn't understand where the fudge he landed within minutes is hilarious to witness.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I don't think sinner needs a simple draw(he can have those in the challengers), what he needs is experience against top players, so difficult draws are good for him.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
There's no doubting Sinners talent. He has the full deck but also a rather dull and unattractive personality. Kyle Edmund springs to mind. Not comparing the two players tennis-wise at all.
He's a teenager doing a grown-up job. Give him time. When he gets home after a match, he's probably putting on Clearasil.

Did you never have a job as a teenager where you're working in a factory/warehouse/office full of men? You keep your head down and your ears open. Eventually you relax and open up.

Now imagine what it's like for Sinner going through all that in public?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I disagree with that. I see your point but personality usually doesn't change. Shapo and Tsitsipas were also battling it out in the ATP at 18 but both had a lot of personality even then.

·
Registered
186 Posts
WTA like scoreline. I like his game, and I live for those defensive squash forehands, but Medvedev was at his most annoying during the first set, with all that relentless bitching and whining.

Sinner really faded away after the first set. Still too all or nothing. I hope we will find soon a steadier and more reliable level when he's not peaking.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
WTA like scoreline. I like his game, and I live for those defensive squash forehands, but Medvedev was at his most annoying during the first set, with all that relentless bitching and whining.

Sinner really faded away after the first set. Still too all or nothing. I hope we will find soon a steadier and more reliable level when he's not peaking.
even as a Med-tard i refuse to watch when he is in that mood, it is just so cringe!

·
Registered
17,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
R32 Albot
R16 Goffin, who hasn't been impressive this season
QF Carreno-Busta

That's a good draw given the field of Rotterdam.

Drawing Gombos R32 here wasn't bad either.
Goffin as your first match is the opposite of great. Thats a top 15 player, playing great this year (beat Nadal!).

·
Registered
17,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think sinner needs a simple draw(he can have those in the challengers), what he needs is experience against top players, so difficult draws are good for him.
You can get enough of that in the later rounds

1 - 20 of 28 Posts