Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Split the first two sets but smooth sailing for Denis in the 3rd.

Much needed win to try and get on track and find some consistency in 2020.

·
justice for all
15,265 Posts
Denis is back!!! I knew it. Good thing is we didn't have to wait too long this time. Beating Cilic, even if an average version of him, is always a good feat and a good sign.

Come on, Denis, a SF spot is within grasp already!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Relived to see shapo win, he needs to gain confidence before the sunshine double. Hopefully its only onward from here on.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
Pretty erratic display, but thanks to clutch serving Shapo got the job done eventually. Cilic is far from his best. Apart from a couple above average returns didn't really impress me. He's still better than his current ranking. Will need kinder draws to catch up.

Reactions: Denis denis

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Good win for him. Hopefully his blip is finished.

·
Registered
477 Posts
In the post match interview Shapo blamed "head issues" for his recent bad form but maintained that he has been playing well. Shapo 2nd Canadian to quarters with Felix the third this afternoon I predict and Raonic the 4th tonight. With 4 quarters you have a dollar which I think means that there is a 100% chance of a title this week, maybe 2.

·
justice for all
15,265 Posts
In the post match interview Shapo blamed "head issues" for his recent bad form but maintained that he has been playing well. Shapo 2nd Canadian to quarters with Felix the third this afternoon I predict and Raonic the 4th tonight. With 4 quarters you have a dollar which I think means that there is a 100% chance of a title this week, maybe 2.
Don't get too greedy, you Canuck! ;)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,582 Posts
What did your grandmother tell you about not counting your eggs before they've hatched? :eek:

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
its just depressing to watch marin anymore. he's a shadow of himself. no confidence, you can see the fear in his eyes most of the time. his return has deteriorated shockingly. he used to be one of the top 5 best returners on tour, not anymore

sadly i think that, much like goffin this mediocre version of him we see most of the time is what he is. every now and then he'll remind you how good he was but he cant do it often enough anymore

shapovalov is the type of guy he would have eaten alive in his prime

·
Registered
477 Posts
What did your grandmother tell you about not counting your eggs before they've hatched? :eek:
OK, My grandmother always said to me "make sure you count how many eggs there are before they are hatched because you could lose one or two of them, but not four"

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,582 Posts
OK, My grandmother always said to me "make sure you count how many eggs there are before they are hatched because you could lose one or two of them, but not four"
Well you weren't wrong after all. Pospisil won the doubles title.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts