Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some really nice tennis in this one. Benoit didn't go easily. But it's Stan who's through to the QFs, where he'll face Stakhovsky.

There were also some funny moments. Once, for example, Benoit decided to take a break in the middle of a Stan service game to play soccer/keep-up with the tennis ball. Stan just laughed at him. They also played an exho point or two that ended in grins all around. #besties

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
please lose to Stakh next round and stop messing around in these 250s :eek:

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
That was just a horror. Stan really doesn't wanna be here playing, serve and volleying and not rallying but it didn't matter because Paire is a total clown who was more than ready to bend over.

·
25,396 Posts
Nice to see him finish on straights. Personally, I just want him to finish this tournament to get good momentum going into the March Masters. I think after finishing the obligation to play here I think he would be OK in quota in terms of 250s now. Interesting to see him be pushed with so many BPs though. I hope he does well.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to see him finish on straights. Personally, I just want him to finish this tournament to get good momentum going into the March Masters. I think after finishing the obligation to play here I think he would be OK in quota in terms of 250s now. Interesting to see him be pushed with so many BPs though. I hope he does well.
Every single one of the BPs came in the same game, the super-long first game of the second set (I think it was 6 game points, 4 break points). Both guys were getting really frustrated and doing the "loud wordless French yell" thing. xD Other than that Stan was untroubled on serve (did go 0-30 down when serving for it, but it never felt like he was going to be in danger).

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The boys at the net:

Stan after the match:

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
poor benoit. wawrinka will have to hug him tonight :hug:

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
ATP's biggest clown was never going to pose any threat here.

From playing futures few weeks ago to this. Now what, will he go to futures again? :silly:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
980 Posts
He still get Geneva to play, right before RG :sad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts