Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wasted 8 MP (including 0/40) at 5:3 2nd set (Sousa serving) and lost the game :facepalm:

I was about to write "clutch performance from Thiem", since he saved 8/10 and converted 3/4 BP until then.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Re: Marseille R1: Thiem def. Sousa (needs 9 MP)

He served it out to 30 after losing all those MPs though. Good win.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Should of got it done quicker but a wins a win. Should be a tough 2nd round against either Goffin or Janowicz. He needs to play better in the important moments if he wants to do well against them.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Good win :yeah:

Thanks god he didn't choke in the TB :bounce:

Next round he will lose though :eek:

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
Good win :yeah:

Thanks god he didn't choke in the TB :bounce:

Next round he will lose though :eek:
Let's at least hope Janowicz wins, because Dominic seems to be Goffin's bitch :lol:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^True although Janowicz indoors is a pretty bad match up also, but the pole can always have an off day I guess.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Let's at least hope Janowicz wins, because Dominic seems to be Goffin's bitch :lol:
In Kitzbühel Dominic had his chance when he won the first set in the final but he was imploding in the 2nd and barely move then :eek:
On the other surfaces David is without any doubt better than Domi.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
goffin is off form and so is domi. in a match between those 2 right now it would be incredibly ugly
Off-form is too harsh I think. Stakhovsky played very good last week and it's Indoor after all. Domi will be fine at the Clay Season. I hope he will play smaller Clay-tournaments after IW/Miami.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Disappointing from Sousa. He basically gave up after losing the first set, but Thiem struggled too which is why the second set was 6-4.

Sousa has no heart --- he is not going to last long on this tour.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Shame I couldn't find a stream for that one. Good win for Thiem who's not in brilliant form. This is the season where he should make at least one bigger result.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Thiem make the final from that half given the alternatives are the likes of Raonic and Monfils

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
In Kitzbühel Dominic had his chance when he won the first set in the final but he was imploding in the 2nd and barely move then :eek:
On the other surfaces David is without any doubt better than Domi.
Thiem was closer to a victory in Acapulco qualies, led 4-3 in decider and served. Seems it all has begun there. :eek:

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Thiem was closer to a victory in Acapulco qualies, led 4-3 in decider and served. Seems it all has begun there. :eek:
True :eek: I forgot that match really quickly :lol:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Disappointing from Sousa. He basically gave up after losing the first set, but Thiem struggled too which is why the second set was 6-4.

Sousa has no heart --- he is not going to last long on this tour.
What? Give me what you've been smoking! Heart is exactly what he has more! It's actually what's keep him in top 50/55 for so long (more than a year now). And only by playing in the main tour, not a single challenger played. I didn't watched today, but do you think he gave up in the 2nd and then saved 8 MP's?

You can say he has a bad temper (he really has), but saying he has no heart, I can't even describe it in words.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts