Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruusuvuori had a chance to go up two breaks and 5-1 in the first but Vasek fought back.

Nice to see Vasek get another win. Back in the top 100 this week.

·
Registered
20,700 Posts
Giving a lucky loser spot to Losuvuori is the human equivalent to throwing a chicken with arthritis into a wolf exhibit with 31 wolves.
Damn! You must have made a fortune.

How much money did you put on Pospisil, had great odds for you!

·
Registered
26,145 Posts
Pospisil fluked a winner at bp down at 1-4, then Ruusuvuori possible got a wrong call against him at 4-2 30-15 and he never raised his level from there. The tb loss from 4-2 was unnecessary as well, choked at least one fh from inside. Vasek is also not the choker he once was anymore.

·
Registered
26,145 Posts
btw I believe this is at least the 3rd time Emil is in the live top 100, will he yet again be passed by someone else and end up at 101?

·
Registered
20,700 Posts
Haven't placed a bet in a decade. Bit of shame though AO2020 QF would have made me a rich man. Well, richer.
I like your shitposting style, man. Its super shit, but the avatar shows your awareness.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I know more about tennis than 99% of the posters here. Also more than 99% of those who think they are part of the one percent.

·
Registered
20,700 Posts
I know more about tennis than 99% of the posters here. Also more than 99% of those who think they are part of the one percent.
:ROFLMAO: love it

Dear Oracle, which of the NextGenners is any good? I wanna know, for the future.

Reactions: Sara X and hammett

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
how did he get the LL spot anyway

that Soviet Australian had the higher seeding and ranking

not just a sucker, but also a fraud this Finn

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
team thiem you were missed , some one who hates some NG more than me :LOL:

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,630 Posts
I like your shitposting style, man. Its super shit, but the avatar shows your awareness.
My fav troll on here. A good guy

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
mental giant this Finn
Ruusuvuori already has a hater :3 they grow up so fast. Possibly related to him defeating Thiem in the Davis cup. Although I cant say much after spassing out in the diretion of Sinner after he beat Goffin. It is true that Ruusuvuori has choking tendencies. When he was on his sick run at the end of last year several times he was leading 5-1, and got broken but served it out. Difference is at this level Ruusuvuori is not miles better than everyone he is playing against so if he gifts a break or two the opponent will actually accept the choke.

Ruusuvuori was playing at the futures tour this time a year ago. He has sort of been thrown into the deep end and now its sink or swim. Never the less valuable experience for him, has now played in two atp 250 tournaments.

I missed this match completely. How did Ruusuvuoris game look? Him dominating Pospisil for a while sounds nice

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Always funny when people call you a hater because you state the facts. He keeps losing one tiebreak after the next when it is like 5-5 and he collapses completely. He fails closing sets all the time when he is a break up. And even after losing these sets, he is all of a sudden unable to hold serve and needs over 5 minutes to get his brain in place. Problem is by then the opponent also leads 3-0 and the second set is basically over too. And let's not even mention how vefore losing this second set, he somehow out of nowhere (maybe because his talent) he somehow ends up with 1 or 2 breakpoints. And what does he make out of those? You guessed right. Exactly as much sense as jojoshrug did with his last posting here. Namely none. Back to the challenger tour for this fool again. If his coach is wise (I don't think he is himself), they will put him back there when the real players startg the clay season, although probably Rustyvuori is too shitty now even to reach finals at challenger level. But of course, if he decides to enter stuff like Barcelona, then he will get beaten in straight sets by the likes of this 16yo Spaniard in qualifying draws. Could get entertaining as well.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
You might not be a hater, but you are for sure the world record holder in coming up with puns for the name Ruusuvuori. I suppose not all cultures can appreciate the beauty of a language containing two consequent same vowels.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
This is the stuff this forum offers that just leaves you pretty speechless ?.

But in a good way this time.

So rest assured @teamthiem that we will all respect your ever so highly well-informed opinions. Just keep them coming, as this seems to be getting very interesting.

Not a mental giant yet Emil, but he sure needs more experience on really competitive matches to become one (or at least closer to one). He certainly wasn't born with it, just like so many others aren't.
Still a disappointing result considering how this match could have ended up.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
btw I believe this is at least the 3rd time Emil is in the live top 100, will he yet again be passed by someone else and end up at 101?
I was thinking about the same thing.

Some kind of a curse for Emil? Too afraid to enter the top 100 as he keeps losing these matches that matter in this sense? ;)

Whatever it is, I hope he'll break the spell sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts