Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gerasimov is too clutch.

I knew this would happen when he won the 2nd set TB.

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
Another bad result after being set and break up. Wonder why Gerasimov's serve got so much better during the match. Surprisingly hit only 1 ace until 4-6 5-4 I believe, but finished with 11.

If Novak or Popyrin win, he's in the 50/50 LL draw.

If he gets the LL spot some interesting revenge matches could happen: Gombos, Gerasimov, Sinner

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another bad result after being set and break up. Wonder why Gerasimov's serve got so much better during the match. Surprisingly hit only 1 ace until 4-6 5-4 I believe, but finished with 11.

If Novak or Popyrin win, he's in the 50/50 LL draw.
Its hard to say its a bad result.

Kwon was looking good against Gerasimov too and won the first, then Gerasimovic clutched out the 2nd set tiebreak and also turned that match around.

He's a tough cat.

Reactions: enlightenedth

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
In the last 8 years of watching, Gerasimov hasn't looked tough to me at all. However, Emil is far from clutch.

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the last 8 years of watching, Gerasimov hasn't looked tough to me at all. However, Emil is far from clutch.
Well Gerasimov has taken his game to another level since last year, its not unlikely that the improvement in play has given him more confidence in himself.

Regardless, you don't need to look at the last 8 years to see Gerasimov is tough right now. He's a good tiebreak performer for his entire career. After starting to become a pro and losing the first 7 deciding sets, he won 21 of the next 29.

Was it futures, challengers, or now ATP, whenever he got accustomed to the stage after the first 5-7 matches, he's posted significantly positive numbers in final sets and tiebreaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts