Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
justice for all
16,780 Posts
Congratulations to Stefanos for 5th title of his career! Great win and great to see him recover so quickly after the AO disappointment! Well done!!!!

Sorry to my friends from Canada. I really wish Felix breaks his title draught but it wasn't to be today. So he'll need to wait a bit more, but I'm sure he'll win many titles including the big ones, so don't get too depressed!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: Arrow

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I almost felt asleep. Sometimes there is no quality and drama makes up for it. Or opposite. This time there was nothing.

·
Registered
12,580 Posts
Smarter player prevailed. Unless he gets a complete mug in the final, Felix will stay titleless, that's the sad truth. The amount of bad decisions and dumb unforced errors is way too high.
Stefanos played good enough to win, his level was much better in his match vs Pospisil. I totally expect Tsitsipas to turn around the H2H against Felix.

·
Registered
504 Posts
As Bugs Bunny said "Booh, hoo, hoo, always the bridesmaid, never the bride". Anyway Federer was 1-4 before the age of 20 which is way better than 0-5 but still not that great. I looked it up and 100% of the players who don't make the final never win either and there are a lot of them, even much older than Felix. Congratulations to Tsitsipas, a fine champion.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Last week we were told that Tsitsipas lost to Bedene to avoid playing Auger-Aliassime, but today he definitely didn't look scared or concerned by the opponent across from him. I feel for Félix and hope he won't be too put down by his recent finals curse, hopefully he'll win a title soon.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Congrats to Tsisipas on the title. He serve incredibly well and was extremely solid. I also liked his speech, it felt really honest and he's a good guy.

As for Felix, 5 finals and still no sets won...I'm wondering if it's a new record? The thing that worries me is that I don't see any progress in each of them. The only decent final was against Berrettini. And the longer it takes, the more difficult it will become. I don't care how strong you are mentally...there's no way it's not going to affect him next time and the time after. At this point, he will need to face an opponent who's also feeling under pressure and making UEs to win one. Or he can enter a very weak field and beat a player that's quite a bit lower ranked than him.

This post may sound negative but on a positive note I can't way to see what happens when he finally breaks through. Making 5 finals before he's even 20 years old is quite an accomplishment. Even the great Federer only had 4 finals before turning 20. Just got to continue working hard and improving...the wins will eventually come!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
yey, well done Tsitsi!
This could also be a much useful boost in confidence after some struggles at the start of the year.

FAA has all the tools, he just isn't there quite yet

1 - 20 of 57 Posts