Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Tsitsipas is annoying with all his tantrums and quirks, but he fought really hard to secure this win.

·
Super Moderator
8,222 Posts
Still beyond me how Kukushkin couldn't get the 2nd set, had bps for a 5-2 lead and even served for the set at 5-4, but he was absolutely dire and Tsitsipas quite clutch there. From that on it went all Tsitsipas' way

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Overrated NextGen wannabe beats washed-up 30+ mug, nothing to see here :p

Actually a good week for both players, Tsitsipas claiming the title without dropping a set and Kukushkin also in great form.

Match could have gone to a third set as Kuku was up a break and had his opponent on the ropes for a possible double break after a tough hold. Tsitsi dug deep to hold, however, and that was probably a key turning point as the Kazakh then failed to serve out the set and lost a tight TB.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Tie-break was so tense and good quality. Mikhail played so well but couldn't get enough free points on serve like Tsitsipas.

·
Super Moderator
7,350 Posts
Stefanos too strong mentally and he was all over the court. A few more errors than I would've liked to see but still it was a very solid performance. He managed to stay focused when down a break in the 2nd set and deservedly earned his spot back in the scoreline.

Now on to Dubai.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tsitsipas’s serve was really working. 14 aces and no doubles. Prior to today, his highest ace count was 5 against Goffin but he had 2 doubles.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts

Συγχαρητήρια Στέφανος! :worship: :yeah:

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
justice for all
13,148 Posts
The great thing here is Stef wins his 2nd title so convincingly after a short post-AO slump.

I hope this will silence his haters at least for a while and cuts all this shit talking and Chung comparisons.

Well done!

·
3,235 Posts
What a win for Tsitsipas. Kuku was playing very well. His on the run forehand is so deadly, much better than his rally forehand. Tsitsipas' BHDTL has been very good all week. Good defense too. He really hung in there throughout the whole match and did very well to defend from a double break then break back to force the tiebreak.

His schedule this month seems a little packed. I hope he doesn't overcook himself in Dubai because Sunshine Double is a great opportunity for him to crack the top 10. He's only 100 points behind Cilic.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Congrats to Stefanos for the win and achieving his highest ranking (11).

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well done to Stef, but he will be tired playing Dubai next.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Where is "teamthiem"? He said Kukushkin for sure in 2 or 3. He said Tsitsipas isn't that good. C'mon man, don't leave the forum! I need to know which players suck and you always inform us about that ;)

Jokes aside, well deserved by Tsitsipas...he had a few dissapointing matches in the previous tournaments and it was about time he took care of business. Kukushkin played well, but he doesn't have an edge to do big things. Some players just have it and some don't. Tsitsipas has it.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Congrats Stefanos! Good service day helped him to win this match. Kukushkin in a similar way to Dzumhur can peak indoors and he's very dangerous from the baseline. Up to #11 after this win.
I think he should not play in Dubai and fly straight to Indian Wells to prepare for sunshine double tournaments.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts